Im looking to add them but ebay has listings for auto and without auto whats the deal with that? my journey has no auto lights.

The switch in the cab is different for DJ's equipped with auto lights. Are you getting Mopar lights or something else? Are you planning on utilizing the factory switch? If so, you would likely need to replace it. I would just add an aftermarket switch and call it good enough... Should open up your list of options too...

• Official Dodge Support

Im looking to add them but ebay has listings for auto and without auto whats the deal with that? my journey has no auto lights.

xcaliber81,

The mopar.ca website and the parts department at your local Dodge store would be good resources to check as well.

Looking at adding factory cause I have just the covers and pushing wires through the engine bay to the cab is a tedious task that ive done before.

There is a huge grommet right next to the strut tower that you can use to run wires. I can't see it taking more that 10 minutes if you take a beer break...

If you want OEM, you gotta go Dodge, either from the Dodge dealer, website or junk yard. Wiring harness is probably there, but you would need the lights and a new switch. Dealer would probably have to enable them as well.

This is going to be much more tedious... You can get the aftermarket kit with an aftermarket switch on ebay that will have a housing to fit the opening... personally, I would go this route as the dealer may charge you to enable them and the cost to add all Mopar parts is going to be significantly higher than aftermarket.

• 5 weeks later...

Can you push your light switch in, towards the dash? If so, your switch will work because that is how you turn on the fog lights. Just a thought. I concur that the fog light harness may already be there because of the way that they build cars today.

Can you push your light switch in, towards the dash? If so, your switch will work because that is how you turn on the fog lights. Just a thought. I concur that the fog light harness may already be there because of the way that they build cars today.

My switch pushes in but only pops back out instantly. Thats not true dealers have been using harnesses specific to trim levels for some time now. My 94 grand cherokee doesnt have all the harnesses because it was a laredo I had no power seat wires and the overhead console wires were not there because I had no overhead console.

My switch pushes in but only pops back out instantly. Thats not true dealers have been using harnesses specific to trim levels for some time now. My 94 grand cherokee doesnt have all the harnesses because it was a laredo I had no power seat wires and the overhead console wires were not there because I had no overhead console.

Mine pops out too, that is just the nature of the switch. You push it in once and they turn on...do it again and they turn off.

All of my late model Dodges have had wiring for factory fogs even if they weren't installed (2002 Ram, 2004 Dakota and 2012 Avenger), so it is definitely worth checking for it before spending the money...

• 4 weeks later...

Mine pops out too, that is just the nature of the switch. You push it in once and they turn on...do it again and they turn off.

All of my late model Dodges have had wiring for factory fogs even if they weren't installed (2002 Ram, 2004 Dakota and 2012 Avenger), so it is definitely worth checking for it before spending the money...

When I initially bought my DJ, I pushed the switch in to turn on the fogs. I have never pushed it again, and the fogs come on as soon as I turn on my lights. Works every time. Is it supposed to be this way?