Impressed with mileage, still.

redtomatoman

Just got back from an 950 mile trip through Colorado with the DJ. Averaged right on 30 mpg on the EVIC. Didn't check it at home, but checked it mid-way and it was 0.4 over. So, at least 29 mpg through the Colorado Rockies. High point at about 9000 feet. I'm pretty damn impressed. Had ample power to make lots of FAST 2 lane road passes. Man the DJ has power when you need it!

Peace.

Me too! I just got back from a 2000 mile roundtrip vacation from California to Idaho. On the way there I averaged about 26.5 mpg (lots of uphill). On the way back I averaged about 28 mpg (lots of downhill). I run 5W-30 Mobile 1 and 87 octane fuel all the time. My 2012 Crew DJ FWD has 53,000 miles on it now.

I had ~450 lbs in passenger weight, and ~500 lb in luggage/cargo weight. Not bad numbers for a 5200 lb fully loaded vehicle! Speed limit through Utah is 80 mph for a lot of it. So these numbers were cruising at 75-85 mph for most of it. And this was driving in a lot of 100-110 deg F weather too. I had to shut off the A/C for a little bit on some of the big uphill sections since the coolant temp was rising above 230deg F. Still very impressed with the mileage!

Good to see others pulling good numbers. I don't buy cars for fuel economy since my commute is 6 miles round trip of stop-n-go, often sitting through 4-5 traffic light cycles at two major intersections. I get about 16.5 MPG average like that. I do manage to get 27-29 on the highway at about 70 MPH if traffic isn't a pain. I'm at 3600 miles now, hoping it improves as the engine continues to break in.

• 2 weeks later...