uconnect

• 3 months later...

Ma'am

Yes I know what you are experiencing, when I first bough my 2013 Journey last year I had much the same issue with my iPhone 4S,

but you know, I tried it like four or five times, so infuriated I just walked away, infuriated.
that afternoon I went back and pair it with the UConnect Bluetooth, it has worked a treat ever since

This year when I bought the new iPhone 5, only had to try it twice and it connected fine and keeps doing it automatically when I get in.

Ma'am be sure that your iPod has Bluetooth Discovery enabled, that Bluetooth is in fact on and you should be fine.

Persevere, you will get there.

All the best to you.

Edited by compco

• 2 weeks later...

Initially, I had the same problem. When you first plug your iPod/iPhone into the USB port, the Uconnect has to read your library. Depending on how much music you have, this may take a while. Now, I am having issues with iOS8! It never ends! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2011 dodge journey and it paired beautifully with my iPhone 5.

But now it won't pair and won't play my iTunes - I did not upgrade to the new OS system.

I've uninstalled it and tried everything - what happened? I'm at a total loss here - it worked a week ago and now won't... ? WTH?

Anyone else have this?

• Official Dodge Support

I just bought a 2011 dodge journey and it paired beautifully with my iPhone 5.

But now it won't pair and won't play my iTunes - I did not upgrade to the new OS system.

I've uninstalled it and tried everything - what happened? I'm at a total loss here - it worked a week ago and now won't... ? WTH?

Anyone else have this?

Cheryl Browne,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having these issues though. I've seen cases where it's mostly phone software that changes which causes compatibility issues however it seems you've ruled that out.

I'd recommend getting your Journey to your local Dodge service facility for an inspection.

There may be something at play here.

Not sure if this is the same across all uConnect systems, but you cannot use the bluetooth (audio device) if the USB (ipod/iphone) is plugged in.

Or that is backwards... I;m not going out right now to test. Either way, the uConnect tells me I cannot use both on the same device.

Phone calls still work fine though.

I plug my iPone5s into the USB, and pair the phone with Bluetooth. Most of my music is on my iPhone. Music plays, phone works, and Nav on the iPhone Maps app works (interrupts the music with directions) all at the same time. With the new iOS8, everything seems to work except that it will only play my songs in alphabetical order. Uconnect is working on an update to their software.

if you go to uconnectphone.com, it will list every phone/software that is compatible with the latest Uconnect software version: v14/27/B5