HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

brandykaye7810

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey. I was on my way to work two weeks ago, and the radio and ac/heater stopped working suddenly. One minute fine, next minute-dead. The touch screen on the radio went black and there is no air flow at all-from neither the front vents or the back. It constantly blows hot air from the front vents. Everything else in the car works fine. I have checked all fuses on the exterior and interior, pulled out the radio out to make sure no wires came loose, disconnected the battery....everything!!! Nothing seems to be working. It's so odd to me that it is just the radio and ac/heater. Help!

Why are you yelling at me? :)

Does it work intermittently or is it completely dead now? There are some posts on here recently about this happening. If you are under warranty I would try and get it replaced. Either way, I think this is probably a dealer only fix... Sorry I can't be of more help, but it sounds like you've done pretty much all you can do without assistance from a dealer.

It is completely dead. I almost wonder if it could be linked to the alternator or battery, or a relay maybe.

The clock was losing time for awhile before this. I would reset the time, then within a few weeks, it would be 5 to 6 minutes slow. I called the dealer, they want $100 to "diagnose" it-then they said ''if'' they could fix it, they would give us a quote. I had going to the dealership-I always feel like I have taken a dry run, without even dinner or a kiss.

• Official Dodge Support

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey. I was on my way to work two weeks ago, and the radio and ac/heater stopped working suddenly. One minute fine, next minute-dead. The touch screen on the radio went black and there is no air flow at all-from neither the front vents or the back. It constantly blows hot air from the front vents. Everything else in the car works fine. I have checked all fuses on the exterior and interior, pulled out the radio out to make sure no wires came loose, disconnected the battery....everything!!! Nothing seems to be working. It's so odd to me that it is just the radio and ac/heater. Help!

I am sorry to hear that the radio and ac/heater is not working. Not sure if you still have warranty remaining, however; the dealer is an option to diagnose the concern.

I am sorry to hear that the radio and ac/heater is not working. Not sure if you still have warranty remaining, however; the dealer is an option to diagnose the concern.

The diagnostic quote we got from the dealer is outrageous, we have even hooked it up to a computer code reader and no codes were found.

W/O warranty, any shop is going to charge you an hours labor to "diagnose". Best to find the cheapest labor rate and someone that knows these systems, may not happen hand in hand though. More and more electronics on cars these days leads to more and more failures sometimes and they can be costly.

The clock in all the '11 DJs runs slow this is a reported fact and has nothing

to do with your predominate problem.

I would suggest that you disconnect the car battery at the NEG- jumper point

under the hood for 10-15 minutes , clean the connection reassemble and test

to see if reset of TIPM will fix it.

The clock in all the '11 DJs runs slow this is a reported fact and has nothing

to do with your predominate problem.

I would suggest that you disconnect the car battery at the NEG- jumper point

under the hood for 10-15 minutes , clean the connection reassemble and test

to see if reset of TIPM will fix it.

Unfortunately, we have already tried this

Honestly, I think that your only chance here is to have the dealer take a look. The chance that it threw a code is slim at best and the vast majority of shops aren't going to have the expertise to fix this issue. The display is very much a dodge specific part and is not going to be able to be fixed by just anyone. If you want to avoid the dealer as much as possible then I would check local salvage yards and see if you can find a display in a wrecked DJ in the yard. You may still need to have them activate it, but it will likely be cheaper than a replacement through the dealer (if that is the fix)... Good luck and keep us in the loop. Your resolution could very well help someone else down the road.

Buying it used doesn't mean you don't have a warranty - the base (bumper to bumper) warranty is 3 years/36K miles in the US and unless your vehicle was raced or has a salvage title the warranty will be in effect if the vehicle was initially titled after April 2011 and has fewer than 36K miles on the odometer - 5 years/100K miles (I believe) for the power train (I am in Canada and we use different units of measure and get screwed on our powertrain warranty term up here).

If you have remaining warranty you can purchase an extension - if you decide to do this, get ONLY the Chrysler OEM warranty.

• 2 weeks later...