Did it again!!!

rolly

I do have the remote start. It will shut off after a short period of time (15 minutes). I think you also have to have at least 1/4 of a tank of gas. I've only used it for real cold days. I didn't use it at all last winter except to make sure it worked.

Getting out of the DJ with the fob will allow the engine to run until turned off , using

the remote start is totally different as there is a software implemented timer and according

to my '11 manual it is set to 10 minutes to auto shut off.

Do you have remote start? I was told it will shut off. Im going to have to look in to that...

I would tend to agree with bigtsr, I think that only works if you start it with the remote. At least with my 2010 Journey seems to work that way.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

rolly,

I'd be sure to be turning off the ignition immediately, what with the price of gas these days lol. ;)

You're not kidding, that's certainly a great incentive! The few times I used my remote start I noticed a dramatic drop in mileage, so I don't use it unless it's extremely cold.

• Official Dodge Support

You're not kidding, that's certainly a great incentive! The few times I used my remote start I noticed a dramatic drop in mileage, so I don't use it unless it's extremely cold.

rolly,

I run out and start my car every morning, it likely runs for about 4-5 minutes before I get in.

No question my fuel economy has gone out the window, but you can't put a price on comfort. This winter has been especially cold and I'm not one for seeing my breath in the vehicle when I first get in.

Most industry experts say you only need to warm your engine for about 2 minutes maximum however I've been behind the wheel of different vehicles and I have to say, some like to warm up a little more than others.

Is it spring yet?? B)

rolly,

I run out and start my car every morning, it likely runs for about 4-5 minutes before I get in.

No question my fuel economy has gone out the window, but you can't put a price on comfort. This winter has been especially cold and I'm not one for seeing my breath in the vehicle when I first get in.

Most industry experts say you only need to warm your engine for about 2 minutes maximum however I've been behind the wheel of different vehicles and I have to say, some like to warm up a little more than others.

Is it spring yet?? B)

At my age, I like seeing my breath. It shows that everything is still working LOL!

rolly,

I tend to use the remote and let my car "warm up" about 5 minutes although with the deep freeze we are now experiencing it does seem to help much........ :lol:

Terry

kind of off the subject but did i miss something on the electric seat warmers when remotely started they dont kick on till you get in and touch the start button. dont use it much as weather in alabama is not as tough as you all get up north. seems like the drivers seat should start getting warm as soon as you hit the remote start. thanks for any help

rolly,

Nothing like a bone chilling morning to get things started up.

Have you been doing much ice fishing this year on St. Clair?

That's something I haven't done in years. Like everyone else I'm waiting for spring, then I'll be hitting the river for perch and pickerel (walleye to our American cousins).

kind of off the subject but did i miss something on the electric seat warmers when remotely started they dont kick on till you get in and touch the start button. dont use it much as weather in alabama is not as tough as you all get up north. seems like the drivers seat should start getting warm as soon as you hit the remote start. thanks for any help

As far as i know it can be set through setting button on your monitor.