hissing noise when ac on

marlene88

Welcome to the forum. First off, try to isolate where the sound is coming from. Engine? Under the dash? Under the seats? Where is the vent position set? Dash vents, floor, defrost? Is it dependant on blower setting? Does it make the sound moving? Sitting still? All the time? It's kinda hard to tell you if it will be costly without a little more detail.

Welcome to the forum. First off, try to isolate where the sound is coming from. Engine? Under the dash? Under the seats? Where is the vent position set? Dash vents, floor, defrost? Is it dependant on blower setting? Does it make the sound moving? Sitting still? All the time? It's kinda hard to tell you if it will be costly without a little more detail.

How could you even suggest there is a charge for this repair when the vehicle is a few months old??

How could you even suggest there is a charge for this repair when the vehicle is a few months old??

I did not suggest anywhere in my response that there would be a charge for anything. The original poster asked "and will it be costly". Without more detail no one has any idea speculating any cost associated with a repair, if it is necessary and not covered by warranty. So I answered the question with "I have no idea if it would be costly". Thats it. Read the entire first post.

Edited by jkeaton

I did not suggest anywhere in my response that it would be costly. I simply answered the OP's question, which was "And will it be costly". Without more detail no one has any idea speculating any cost associated with a repair, if it is necessary and not covered by warranty. Read the entire first post.

Just to clarify, what I deem to be very important, this would be a no charge warranty repair, regardless. I did read the complete post, the person posting this seems unsure of the new car warranty policy. If you pose that same question to some dealers they make come up with some creative billing. There are no further details required regarding the price of a potential repair to this guys A/C system.

Obviously we do not share the same philosophy and I think you're missing my point. I am a gear head. I like to fix things and when someone joins a forum and asks "What could this be?" and "Will it be costly?", my first reaction is to ask for more information so I can better understand the issue, rather than just tell them to take it to the dealer. But to each his own I guess. The OP is asking US those questions, not the dealer. The details I am asking about are helpful to me to possibly diagnose the problem, to avoid the inconvenienmce of a dealer visit if it's something simple. I am not trying assertain a cost estimate. I completely agree that whatever it is will be covered 100% by the bumper to bumper warranty. But, we all know the dreaded "Unable to duplicate the problem" answer to many issues when you bring your car to the dealer. I'm just trying to be as helpful as possible by answering the questions the OP asked.

To the OP, Will it be costly? no, it will not cost you anything to but your time to take it to the dealer for this issue. What could it be? Without more detail it's not possible to say at this point.

Edited by jkeaton

Im sorry I havent replied. To give a more explanation I could here the hissing sound in through the vents and it makes it in the back as well. It only does it when its on ac, not on heater and when I turn it off it wont do it anymore. Well, now today it only throws cool air through the right vents and the left vents it throws it warm. This is such frustration because this happened as well with my 2010 ford focus thats why I traded for the journey and its coming back to haunt me... im gonna call the dodge delearship to see if I have warranty because I dont know how this warranty stuff works

• 4 months later...

Im sorry I havent replied. To give a more explanation I could here the hissing sound in through the vents and it makes it in the back as well. It only does it when its on ac, not on heater and when I turn it off it wont do it anymore. Well, now today it only throws cool air through the right vents and the left vents it throws it warm. This is such frustration because this happened as well with my 2010 ford focus thats why I traded for the journey and its coming back to haunt me... im gonna call the dodge delearship to see if I have warranty because I dont know how this warranty stuff works

So Marlene88, did you find the solution and how much was the repair? I'm having the same issue and would like this narrowed down before I go in for my next service. Thanks.

main question nobody is asking WHAT is the mileage on the journey if less than 36k Take it back to the dealer if more then you might be better going to an after market repaire place... good luck and let us know the mileage and what you find out...35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps

main question nobody is asking WHAT is the mileage on the journey if less than 36k Take it back to the dealer if more then you might be better going to an after market repaire place... good luck and let us know the mileage and what you find out...35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps35f70363-ff9f-4b36-9c12-c64ee25dbc7f_zps

Ha! This post is a bit older... thinking that this has been resolved by now.

I forgot to mention the reason I dont know if it has warranty is because its preowned and I dont know if it has warranty

In the future, you might want to inquire about such things as a warranty when buying any vehicle. It's kinda important. Be an informed consumer.