Proper Brake Bleeding Order? 2012 Journey

bcristea

Unless things have changed, always start at the furthest wheel from the master cylinder. So you should go passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front. Now I learned how to bleed brakes waaaayyyy back in the 70's, but as far as I know it's still the same. VERY IMPORTANT NEVER LET THE FLUID LEVEL IN THE MASTER GET BELOW THE LOW MARK!!! If it does you could introduce air into the system. If that happens you may need to go to the dealer and have them bled due to the anti-lock pump system.

Good luck!!

A 2012 with a soft pedal already? How many miles? Have you inspected the brakes? Maybe your pads are worn and it takes more travel to stop. Seems strange to have to bleed brakes on a year old car. I've had 10 year old vehicles with over 100000 miles and never had to randomly bleed the brakes unless I was replacing hardware that required opening the system.

A 2012 with a soft pedal already? How many miles? Have you inspected the brakes? Maybe your pads are worn and it takes more travel to stop. Seems strange to have to bleed brakes on a year old car. I've had 10 year old vehicles with over 100000 miles and never had to randomly bleed the brakes unless I was replacing hardware that required opening the system.

I agree, unless air has gotten into the system due to a brake system component failure or replacement brake parts have been installed, bleeding shouldn't be necessary.

Hi,

Does anyone know the recommended brake bleeding order for a 2012 Dodge Journey?

Pedal is soft so I'm thinking about bleeding the lines.

Thanks,

If your Journey has never had a brake job done you shouldn't have air in your brake lines....you may also want to consider having the dealership check it out as you are under warranty. Could be a faulty master cylinder.

• Official Dodge Support

If your Journey has never had a brake job done you shouldn't have air in your brake lines....you may also want to consider having the dealership check it out as you are under warranty. Could be a faulty master cylinder.

I agree, depending on kilometers of course, the brake system may still be covered under warranty. I would bring this to the attention of your dealer for further review.