Can you ad navi to a journey if it didnt come with it?

Just get a nice Garmin and use that. Its a much better GPS than the OEM one. The Garmin Nuvi 3597 is a fantastic GPS. You can even sync it with your smart phone and you can use your voice to tell it where you want to go. Ive had built in GPS in other cars and never used it. I much prefer my Garmin Nuvi.

Not cost-effective to do.

In my case the vehicle came without the Bluetooth, which was a real bummer. So in the end I put up a Garmin 3790 (the 3490 is the current version) - it sits above the mirror and the wiring is completely hidden. Map updates are free, to boot.

If you do decide the do the upgrade keep in mind that you might also need to add in the auxiliary GPS receiver that sits in the headliner in the rear of the vehicle.

The BEST gps tool around is a current smart phone. I prefer android navigation. No need to update, as its all offsite data.

It's ALWAYS upto date. BUT you loose cell signal and you're on your own.

So I guess it's not really the best... But you can't beat their POI.

The OEM nav is not worth the money in MY opinion. But if you like it, go for it. It's not like 5 -10 years ago where you either had in car nav, or had printed mapquest directions.

I personally just like the look and function of the larger screen.

• 2 weeks later...

All the Ram pickup truck with the big screen com with the nav and you pay 500$ to activate it if you want it. I ask my dealer to do it with my Journey if that was possible but I was the first person to ask that for a Journey and they did'nt knew if it was possible so they made some phone call to finaly learn that only the Ram have this option for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi i do have the 2014 Journey Model without the navigation, do i have the Newer version of the uconnect? how would i know? i did't ask the dealer when i purchase it. I do have Garmin Gps but wanted if i could updgarde it into one. How much would be the cosT?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Pony921, what is this anti-theft code exactly? Is it something that you handled or the dealer did? Was there a charge?

Sorry for the long absence. The dealer actually calls in and gets the antitheft code and there should be NO charge. They just need to know the Serial # of radio and the VIN of the vehicle it came out of. This allows your vehicle to recognize the the new unit and that it wasn't a stolen unit.

I'm looking at used 2013 that has the 8.4 screen and Bluetooth. Do I need something like this to make it an 8.4N:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2013-2012-2011-DODGE-CHARGER-JOURNEY-OEM-RB5-8-4N-GPS-DVD-NAVIGATION-RADIO-/131034135918?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item1e823e3d6e&vxp=mtr

Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks

Check schram salvage and other salvage yards. I found a 8.4N unit out of a 2013 Chrysler 300, and bought it for $325 with a 10 year warranty. Very easy to install.