hid lights installed pic

All I have is 55w 8000k ran with a supply line relay for the extra wattage that they will require. When I first hooked them up they would flicker on and off shut off. So I got to reaerching and reqding alot about what everyone has pist we d on here and come to realize that the relay would provide the extra wattage to the lights so they would stay on.

Hid:

55w 8000k- from ebay for 39.99

Relay:

40 amp relay

20 amp inline fuse- from ebay for 10.00

All items are plug and play had all installed within about 15 mins

I did have a motorcycle but sold it when my family and I needed the money. I am looking to get another one soon maybe be going to look at one today its a 2000 honda superhawk 996. I didn't want to sell it but I can always get another one family more important to me than my bike was. I have a picture of me going down thw highway this morning. I think the cutoff is just right for being a journey with stock headlights width reflectors still installed. Will post a pic of it.

That is not bad at all. For HIDs in reflectors I actually thing this is the first car with good cutoff. if you google HIDs in reflector housings you see what I was expecting. scattering everywhere and just horrible light distribution, but this is not bad at all. I am impressed. Good work! :beerchug:

Thanks man I appreciate it im only fixing to be about 50.00 into the whole kit. I ordered everyrhing and installed it all with some help from a friend of mine but I think I am going tonhave to roder the cancellers they will stay on for about 30 to 45 mins then shut off. I also am aquiring another set for my high beams for free just going to order the relay and the cancellers for them also

• 11 months later...

hi

i have just brought a journey, i can get HID kits through my place of work very cheap, i wanted to know if you had to purchase a anti flicker device to go with your HID kit, if i remember when i tried to instll them in a old grand caravan they would not work, im hoping that they will on a newer dodge.

Unless you are going to have your high beams on for a decent amount of time, installing HIDs in the high beams may not be such a good idea. The constant on-off short cycles will 1-shorten the life of the hid bulb and 2-the bulbs take a few seconds to come up to full brightness. If its cold, you may lose any advantage of having HID because they take so long to brighten up. You might need those few seconds. You might be better served with something else. Just something to think about.

I did my HID Conversion today and it worked out great, no flickering and no issues. This is the kit that I used. They are a really good quality brand and cost more than most.

http://www.lumenshid.com/hid.html

Still no flickering issues? I have a projector retrofit kit that I bought for my 2012 Avenger. Now that I gave that to the wife and bought this I'm thinking about putting it on the DJ. It's hard to find any consistent information on HID conversion on this site, but historically Dodge's newer vehicles are a pain in the ass to install these on because on the fluctuating voltage sent to the light to run "self check"... Are DJ's using this same "technology"? The kit I have put together has a capacitor on the relay to help regulate voltage and I have resistors I can install... Is this what everyone is using here? I'd like to get working on it soon now that spring is getting closer...

Unless you are going to have your high beams on for a decent amount of time, installing HIDs in the high beams may not be such a good idea. The constant on-off short cycles will 1-shorten the life of the hid bulb and 2-the bulbs take a few seconds to come up to full brightness. If its cold, you may lose any advantage of having HID because they take so long to brighten up. You might need those few seconds. You might be better served with something else. Just something to think about.

Hello....So what is the alternative then i.e. the "something else" mentione din your post? I concur with the HID concerns...you don't want all that to happen when you are in dire need of lights being on pronto

Still no flickering issues? I have a projector retrofit kit that I bought for my 2012 Avenger. Now that I gave that to the wife and bought this I'm thinking about putting it on the DJ. It's hard to find any consistent information on HID conversion on this site, but historically Dodge's newer vehicles are a pain in the ass to install these on because on the fluctuating voltage sent to the light to run "self check"... Are DJ's using this same "technology"? The kit I have put together has a capacitor on the relay to help regulate voltage and I have resistors I can install... Is this what everyone is using here? I'd like to get working on it soon now that spring is getting closer...

Nope still no flickering. I used the Kit which had the Bulbs and Ballasts. I also had to purchase the Resistors and Harness.

Hello....So what is the alternative then i.e. the "something else" mentione din your post? I concur with the HID concerns...you don't want all that to happen when you are in dire need of lights being on pronto

For my Hi Beams im using Sylivania Silverstar Bright white bulbs. They look like HID lights but there not. Im also gonna change my bottom fog lights to the same Silverstar Bright White so they will look the same as my HID lights.