2010 SXT to 2013 R/T Fully loaded

biohazard

We have only have our new 2013 R/T AWD for 1 week but already have some godo and bad points to make so i will just start this topic now and update as time passes :) The improvements from our 2010 to 2013 are amazing. The newer interior is top notch and look forward to seeing what they have in store for the future of the DJ. We upgraded our radio this time to the 8.4N and love it !! The only exception is the lack of a harddrive(2010 had one) but after picking up a 32gig SDHC card I understand why they axed it. It is so much easier to just plug the card into my computer load it up with songs and shove it in the car and forget about it. then when I want to change down the road all i do is take my card with me. Our 2010 DJ you had to transfer your data onto a USB stick and then upload it into the car, and BTW I lost all my music from my old DJ as there is no way to get it off :(... One other gripe I have about the radio is the ALPINE radio. All i can say is THUMBS DOWN !!!! I am already looking for a way to increase the BASS to come close to what i had in our 2010 SXT with its INFINITY system. That thing would bump compared to this new system. I guess when you take the whole package(interior and exterior changes) its understandable that some things had to sacrifice in the name of progress it just sux it had to be the speakers. I also love the new exterior facias(bumpers) and the heated seats and heated steering wheel are a nice touch of class. Overall I am very impressed with upgrade and can't get enough of that new car smell, lol. i also understand why they got rid of the cooler in the dash of our 2010 as we never really used it and love the look of all the curves of the 2013. The RED/BLACK look of the instrument cluster and EVIC system make for a very pleasent ride at night and is very easy on the eyes, it also helps that red/black are my favorite colors :). Well after only one week this is what my impression is and so far do not regret the upgrade.

Edited by biohazard

I have my MP3 library on an SD card, they are the same rips that i played in my 2010 and the sound system still doesnt messure up. Im hoping that once the sub breaks in that it will increase. I play alot of bassy music(skrillex, korn, NIN) and really enjoy the bass in them.

is it only in my mind, or I heard better quality sound from a MP3 disc vs the ipod?? BTW, my Journey is equiped with the Uconnect 4.3 (2012 model) and I listened my ipod with the ipod interface.

question: I know the R/T premium sound system is Alpine, but my 6 speaker 4.3" uconnect system is....???'

is it only in my mind, or I heard better quality sound from a MP3 disc vs the ipod?? BTW, my Journey is equiped with the Uconnect 4.3 (2012 model) and I listened my ipod with the ipod interface.

question: I know the R/T premium sound system is Alpine, but my 6 speaker 4.3" uconnect system is....???'

isnt there the little badge on the inside of the door where the side view mirrors are. On my SXT it had INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM and on my 2013 it says ALPINE SOUND SYSTEM...Im pretty sure they are all made by alpine now...

Enjoy biohazard.........I found it surprising that our 2013 did not have a hard drive. We did the same thing and got an SD card to load music. We have had our new DJ Crew for 2 weeks now and wife really is enjoying it. Lots of improvements over our old 2009 DJ SXT. I have only been able to sneak it out a couple of times so far when she was not looking but I am enjoying the brief opportunities to drive it. She does let me work on it though. So far have installed a hood deflector and splash guards. This weekend if the weather cooperates will install the trailer wiring and hitch. Then I guess I will find out if I need to get it flashed to get the trailer lights to work.

Enjoy biohazard.........I found it surprising that our 2013 did not have a hard drive. We did the same thing and got an SD card to load music. We have had our new DJ Crew for 2 weeks now and wife really is enjoying it. Lots of improvements over our old 2009 DJ SXT. I have only been able to sneak it out a couple of times so far when she was not looking but I am enjoying the brief opportunities to drive it. She does let me work on it though. So far have installed a hood deflector and splash guards. This weekend if the weather cooperates will install the trailer wiring and hitch. Then I guess I will find out if I need to get it flashed to get the trailer lights to work.

please let me know of anything you run into with the trailer wiring :)...

now that I have played with the radio for a few weeks I have come to a conclusion. I actually like the sound now after playing with some settings. I have also noticed that the bass is more punchy rather then sloppy like my 2010. The infinity systems sub was more all over bass which made for a constant rumble while the newer alpine system is more refined and responses to only really short punchy bass notes and sounds stronger when activated. Im assuming what has happened is that the alpine system has been tailered via the sub to be less responsive to all sounds and concentrates its energy to specific bass frequencies no matter where you adjust the equalizer.

Are getting the rear door rattle?

I had to fade out the rears because of the severe rattle in both doors and I dont have it blasting or the base past +2

09 RT with the Infinity sound

no but on our 2010 that we just traded in i had to have the rear spakers changed twice due to the speakers themselves crackling, but never any rattle from the door itself...