thinking about do 3 things to my journey

journey is my first car.

i like the car so much and i would like to spend extra money to get some stuff done.

1. i would like to change OEM lights to HID lights... (headlamp an also fog lamp)

2. change the oem 19inch silver wheels to black... (hoping to get it painted black rather than buying whole new set)

3. tint the windows

if i am trying to do all three of the things before spring comes.

i dont know where to start, but i was just wondering if anybody else have done it here.

by the way i have the black 2013 journey r/t (love that red stitch =()

any recommendation of suggestion?

I would be against the HID installation unless you do a proper projector retrofit, you can google it, its not that hard of a thing to do if you do the simple retro fit, which is baking the headlights separating them and installing a proper projector, then resealing them. If you just drop in HID bulbs you will scatter light everywhere. There are numerous videos on youtube documenting and going in depth what I am talking about and also on google. If you want better drop in bulbs go for 9011 & 9012 HIR bulbs, google "candlepower store"

If you want to paint your rims, look into plastidip, if you like it black it will stay black if you ever want to go back you can just peel it off; great stuff plasti dip is.

Also best thing you can do is to put synthetic oil like Amsoil in your car. ;-)

Also for tint look up 3M window film, they make good stuff that does not contain any metals and they block 999% of harmfull rays that will otherwise fade interior and make the inside of your car hotter. Also their film is strong so if someone tries to break into a window with the film on it, they will not be able to get through that easily, it will spider but will not shatter. making it harder for someone to get in.

wow burgandy, good stuff!

tinting.. i was just going to a shop and ask for a tint, but i will make sure to ask if they can use 3m window film.

rim. i was looking around if there is a shop who does it.

i just do not have enough time to take a look yet. but i am looking forward to do it though.

hid, i am asking mechanics around, and once again, if i find a shop that does just mod, i will more than likely deal with a shop.

problem is... i just need to make sure to find right shop!

Yeah no problem! powder-coating your rims might be a good choice in the long run, its very durable, but depending on where you go to do it will either be expensive or cheap. I had some powder-coating down for my motorcycle, powder-coated handlebars, fender eliminator, and a few small parts, just over $100. Plastidip is awesome in that if you don't like it a few months from now you can peel it off and have your paint be perfect under it, also you can change the color whenever, if it gets on your windows or headlights no problem because it peels off of glass and plastic headlights easy. hundereds of videos on youtube about this stuff, and its a cheap way to make your car unique, if I had a red journey I would "black out" the roof also I think it would look pretty bad-@$$ with that done.

HIDs are easy to install if you want to just do i direct drop in, there are some thread on here of people doing it themselves, its not something you really need to pay anyone to do, I would look into the retrofit source. http://www.theretrofitsource.com They have the cream of the crop in HID kits, no ebay short term ballasts, they have the stuff that goes into Merc, audis, Caddies, The legit real deal Kits, they are more expensive but it really is a "you get what you pay for" Market with HIDs, Ebay kits kelvin colors are usually off, these guys have amazing kits and with great quality.

If you are 100% set on doing it at a shop, look into a "car audio" shop those guys usually know cars well and have a passion with them and they would more than likely now how to put them in your car.

If you google 3M window film, somewhere on their site they have a "Where to buy" tab...Here actually.. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Support/Find_Dealers/

And just try your luck in finding a dealer.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 10 journey match front two windows with factory rears if you want a nice look get your windshield tinted as well illegal but looks awesome as far as hid kit you will need cancelor resistors with the kit or your headlights will flicker heres some pics of mine i went with a 55w 12000k kit and it looks awesome

Edited by Walter Bettencourt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...