My journey is dead - Battery Died

My journey is dead now! None of the function is working.. All i did was remote started it.. I did saw it responding with the light flashing as a sign so i did assume its all good! When i got in the car the dashboard was lit but i didnt notice that engine isnt running so i pressed the ignition start and all the light in the dashboard was lit for few seconds and start to make some noise like when you pess panic button! It hapeened for say 10 seconds and i cant stop it. Until when i press panic button on fob! It stopped but after that its totaly dead! I cant even lock the doors or open windows! Even the lock button on outside handle dont function! Is there anybody experienced like this! Any suggestion?

Talked to my dealer yesterday and scheduled to be towed today.. My dealer asked too many question seems looking for reason to nail me! Lol

I think its the perfect time to adress some other issues regarding my journey such as my very poor fuel mileage and the TSB about flashing transmission! My evic says im averaging 30.8L/100km before it went dead. Not so impressed.. But i love driving it. My journey is just 1408 km. first my airbag lit and now its dead!

UPDATE!!!!!! I got a truck 2012 RAM1500 as loaner! And seroiusly im more impressed about regards of fuel ecOnomy! To think im driving HEMI 5.7L on this truck and im getting 17.6L/100km on it as oppose to my 30L/100km on my 2012 journey! So i could tell that there's really a problem about my 2012 journey! Im driving on same weather and same place. Getting way different fuel economy on 5.7L hemi as 17.6L/100km and 3.6 V6 as 30L/100km is unacceptable!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="redtomatoman" data-cid="25892" data-time="1359333692"><p

My journey's fuel economy improved steadily up to 8000 miles. I guess the engine has to break in before economy is optimal. Good luck.</p></blockquote>

Ok i want to understand things because im really shock on what im eXperiencing right now! Do you experienced this high fuel economy on yours when your on your break-in period? And when you reach about 8k miles it went down remarkably!?

Hope i get that also becuase its hurting me having 215kms for a full tank! :-((((

Break in for my DJ was until approximately 8 k miles. As break in progressed, economy improved. After 8 k miles I think I was at my best economy (most mpg, least L/100km). I get 24-25 mpg highway. Obviously economy is dependent upon driving conditions. Long warm ups absolutely kill fuel economy as does stop n go driving.

I'm assuming the hemi is broken in. . . I doubt that engine got great fuel economy right from the factory.

Peace.

Break in for my DJ was until approximately 8 k miles. As break in progressed, economy improved. After 8 k miles I think I was at my best economy (most mpg, least L/100km). I get 24-25 mpg highway. Obviously economy is dependent upon driving conditions. Long warm ups absolutely kill fuel economy as does stop n go driving.

I'm assuming the hemi is broken in. . . I doubt that engine got great fuel economy right from the factory.

Peace.

With its 19900kms i could tell its broken in! I hope my journey gets better soon.. It was angular parked on tight parking spot when it got towed! The guy said he dont have a choice but to winch it side way! To think it on park position and AWD! I witness how it jerked and forced! hopefully it wont affect wheel alignment and hurt my hubs!

It was angular parked on tight parking spot when it got towed! The guy said he dont have a choice but to winch it side way! To think it on park position and AWD! I witness how it jerked and forced! hopefully it wont affect wheel alignment and hurt my hubs!

Hopefully this was a tow company that your dealer arranged. I would certainly make your dealer aware of the towing situation and what you observed. Just in case there is any damage. Most likely there will not be, but you can't be too careful. Good luck. Keep up updated.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support
Talked to my dealer yesterday and scheduled to be towed today.. My dealer asked too many question seems looking for reason to nail me! Lol

I think its the perfect time to adress some other issues regarding my journey such as my very poor fuel mileage and the TSB about flashing transmission! My evic says im averaging 30.8L/100km before it went dead. Not so impressed.. But i love driving it. My journey is just 1408 km. first my airbag lit and now its dead!

Chris,

Let me know how you make out in regards to the no start issue you unfortunately experienced.

As for fuel economy, red made a very valid point, you need to let your engine break in a bit but you should also take in to consideration that, aside from stop & go driving and long idle/warm up time, you are currently driving in pretty cold and and bad weather, and this is just a guess, to go along with your winter tires - your economy will be very poor in comparison to optimal conditions with summer tires. That being said, once you get to your first oil change and you haven't seen any difference in fuel economy, ask your dealer to start a fuel consumption test. From there they will be able to advise accordingly.

Edited by DodgeCACares

Thanks so much dodgecares and red! Talked to My dealer this morning and adress the issues! Informed them also about TSB on rough transmission and fuel economy, they say they will look on it and as what you and red said according to them its premature to do something about fuel economy until its broken-in! Im just jealous about some members on this forum having decent fuel economy even they're just having couples of thousands on thier new journeys! :-(

Keep you posted on developments......

Thanks so much dodgecares and red! Talked to My dealer this morning and adress the issues! Informed them also about TSB on rough transmission and fuel economy, they say they will look on it and as what you and red said according to them its premature to do something about fuel economy until its broken-in! Im just jealous about some members on this forum having decent fuel economy even they're just having couples of thousands on thier new journeys! :-(

I don't believe that your fuel mileage is that crappy even with it being brand new, idling for long periods and city driving. Something seems out of whack with your numbers. Have you ever reset your trip odometer after a fill up to see how many KM's you are getting per tank? Or better yet try going to www.fuelly.com to track your fuel consumption to see if it is the roughly the same as on your EVIC. It would be the only way to find out if your Journey is a true gas pig or not.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

I have the habit of filling my tank whenever the message shows 'low fuel' and i monitored it.. I believe i cant be that wrong on my six fillings. My journey has 1406kms right now and have 76 km on distance to empty so it means approximately 1482km on my six fills averaging 247km/tank. I got my journey last august so i did summer and winter driving with it.. I will use fuelly.com as soon as i get my next fill and keep you posted!

Thanks!

• Official Dodge Support

I am also wondering what the fuel economy is when calculated by hand or the fuelly app? Please keep us posted.

Ok... I got my journey yesterday! Repair sheet said they replace baterry! Didnt tought its just baterry issue.. Next concern was clanking on transmission, correction: performed TSB by updating the PCM. Third issue: poor mileage. Correction: TSB or job#2 correct the mileage issue! Hopefully it would.

Before i drive away from dealership i reset fuel economy on my evic and im getting 24L/100km ave now. Little bit better! Im 60km DTE right now. I'l lwait for next low fuel message and i will document everything and will use fuelly.com to get right data about my fuel economy!

I'll keep you posted!

I don't believe that your fuel mileage is that crappy even with it being brand new, idling for long periods and city driving. Something seems out of whack with your numbers. Have you ever reset your trip odometer after a fill up to see how many KM's you are getting per tank? Or better yet try going to www.fuelly.com to track your fuel consumption to see if it is the roughly the same as on your EVIC. It would be the only way to find out if your Journey is a true gas pig or not.

Chris

I was in your city yesterday and I was thinking about you. I agree the very poor mileage is a real concern. I was up in Saskatoon yesterday and if you check the My Fuelly logo below I got 11.3 litres/100 kms. round trip from Regina to Saskatoon and back at 120 kph. I would agree with drb227 when he mentions the Gas guage being really out of whack, as DodgeCACares mentioned is this a hand calculation? Did my dealer ever get back to you? If not I will remind him again.

As was previously mentioned I have been using www.fuelly.com since day 1, you can see I now have 91 fillups and over that entire time (3 years) I am averaging 15.9 litres/100 kms. My personal best is 9.3 litres/100 kms and my worst is 23.6 litres/100 kms but that was in the middle of a very cold winter where I often let the car "warm up" a lot.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

Well I just thought I would check and see if anyone else had battery issues on their 2011 and it looks like I am not alone. Wife had a fun time getting to work yesterday as the car wouldn't start. When I got home I called roadside and they came and gave it a boost and it started right away.

I put it on charge for an hour and a half and left the block heater on over night. Started right up for her today. If it happens again I will be bringing it in for a new battery. Going to put it on charge for another few hours tonight just in case (I know its not enough fully charge it, but I don't want to leave it unattended in this neighborhood overnight).

I was in your city yesterday and I was thinking about you. I agree the very poor mileage is a real concern. I was up in Saskatoon yesterday and if you check the My Fuelly logo below I got 11.3 litres/100 kms. round trip from Regina to Saskatoon and back at 120 kph. I would agree with drb227 when he mentions the Gas guage being really out of whack, as DodgeCACares mentioned is this a hand calculation? Did my dealer ever get back to you? If not I will remind him again.<br />

<br />

As was previously mentioned I have been using <a href='http://www.fuelly.com'>www.fuelly.com</a> since day 1, you can see I now have 91 fillups and over that entire time (3 years) I am averaging 15.9 litres/100 kms. My personal best is 9.3 litres/100 kms and my worst is 23.6 litres/100 kms but that was in the middle of a very cold winter where I often let the car "warm up" a lot.<br />

<br />

Terry</p></blockquote>

Hi Terry, i havn't get response from your dealer yet... Ohh, if i had known your in the city, it would be nice if we meet up for coffee or couple bottle of beer :-)).. I would love to see your nice set up on your journey! Where are you staying whenever your in saskatoon? Well, i used to sign up on fuelly but i messed up for not recording my past 5 fill-ups! I will start a new one one fuelly.com with new vehicle. ,1443kms on my fill up today! 62.23 litres @ 1.104$/litre. Distance to empty is 249lms! Hope i will get a right calculation this time about my fuel economy!