Journey Blacktop Special Edition

halofan.3

I have to say, that looks really cool or should I say hot.

I would have gotten the Journey in red, if they had kept the inferno red, as my Dodge Grand Caravan was that colour. I wasn't sure about the new red they offered, as they didn't have one in stock. so I couldn't compare the two colours.

But this one looks great, I think mainly due to the black grille.

This will definitely add to the price tag. It looks good but usually people want performance with looks but this one does not offer any performance gains. People all have different likes and dislikes. If I was having this done to a sportscar would be different than to a journey. The reg r/t wheels, the silver front valance the newly improved grill are sporty enough for the SUV. I do dig those headlights though! I may get a set of them down the road (MAYBE). I would definitely draw the line at a grand caravan blacktop.

Watch video below if you think a blacktop caravan is "Cool":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an R/T with the same 19" wheels you could just about do this conversion yourself by going to your local panel beater.

Repaint wheel to gloss black,

Repaint chrome grill to gloss black

Repaint Side mirrors to gloss black

Repaint silver front underside to gloss black

I don't know if doing the lights is easy or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that is looking very nice..... but I don't know what is the main difference between normal and this black topedition. I think just a difference of black colored top and nothing. If anyone know any more difference in engine and other things then please share. But overall the drive is looking very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow that is looking very nice..... but I don't know what is the main difference between normal and this black topedition. I think just a difference of black colored top and nothing. If anyone know any more difference in engine and other things then please share. But overall the drive is looking very nice.

It's just a $900 package when you buy it brand new and it is only cosmetic stuff.

• 5 months later...

Got mine Sunday, as pictured. Love it!! I can't find a thread discussing towing a DJ on a dolly. Manual says "not recommended" without any explanation. I do not understand how towing with the rear wheels on the ground will hurt it. Any one have info?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my 2010 Journey SXT a couple months ago not knowing about the Blacktop edition. Mine is Silver and ive changed almost everything to make it look like the Blacktop and did a few other things to it. I love mine. There are a few more things I want to do to it like change the front grill to all black and change the front lights to the Blacktop look. But im getting their. Go to my profile to see the pictures.

• 2 months later...

I love my Red Blacktop FWD Journey, but cannot find any snow chains, cables or studdable snow tires for P225R55/19. What do you "snow country" folks do in winter, park it and get out the "winter beater"? I want to drive from Oregon to Minnesota for Christmas via I-90 so traction could be a real issue and I am not interested in buying 17" tires & wheels, I won't need them where I live on the Oregon coast!!

Man what kind of road do you have ? Stud will help you a little on ice but not in snow. Chain, cable? My summer tire are the original 225/ 55 R19 but for the winter tire I have Bridgstone Blizzak size 225/65 R17. Blizzak are very good winter tire with soft gum, but because of that, evidently, they wear more rapidly.