low tire pressure

wyoram

Pulled the car into the driveway yesterday and noticed the low air pressure light was on in the dash cluster. It was getting dark so I did a quick check to see if the tires were up. They appeared to be fine. Today I started up the car and the light came on again. Checked the tire pressure and all the tires were at 31 psi. Factory sticker calls for 34 psi. So I inflated the tires to 34 psi and the light is off. I just thought I would throw this info up. The low tire pressure seems to be pretty sensitive.

• 2 months later...
Pulled the car into the driveway yesterday and noticed the low air pressure light was on in the dash cluster. It was getting dark so I did a quick check to see if the tires were up. They appeared to be fine. Today I started up the car and the light came on again. Checked the tire pressure and all the tires were at 31 psi. Factory sticker calls for 34 psi. So I inflated the tires to 34 psi and the light is off. I just thought I would throw this info up. The low tire pressure seems to be pretty sensitive.

Some people told me not to listen or trust that light, but yesterday mine came on and when I checked the pressure it was down 3psi. AWESOME TOOL !!

Some people told me not to listen or trust that light, but yesterday mine came on and when I checked the pressure it was down 3psi. AWESOME TOOL !!

I agree - so anyone who means to save money for this system on winter wheels is just silly !!!!!!!!!!!

It´s a low payment for a big safety.

I agree - so anyone who means to save money for this system on winter wheels is just silly !!!!!!!!!!!

It´s a low payment for a big safety.

How have we survived without these monitors?-simple check your tire pressure

If they are so important they should be installed on every Rim from the start

How have we survived without these monitors?-simple check your tire pressure

If they are so important they should be installed on every Rim from the start

My light came on and when I checked the pressure (Electronic Checker) one tire was at 28 lbs. It appears on my Journey 28 lbs activates the TPMS. I then put in 33 lbs all around and the light went out even thought the recommended pressure from driver door is 27.5 lb for the front tires. At the recommended pressure the light would be on all the time. Go figure!

Keith

• 2 months later...
My light comes on in extreme cold, have to remember that when the tire warms up by driving on it pressure rises, so basically only fill your tires after about 20 min of driving or if it is warm out.

If they're filled with Nitrogen (which I though they all are or should be), temperature shouldn't make a difference. It was -29C (-20F) here yesterday morning, and mine didn't have a problem.

I had just found this forum, yesterday. Looks like a lot of good information. On the tire pressure issue, Nitrogen in the tires is usually a dealer offered option and a great one. As for the light and monitoring system it is usually trainable, if you want to run more or less air depending on your set-up, you just reset the system to your new tire pressure.