MIddle Seat Ventilation

lytefall

My 2nd Row seating ventilation is weak compared to the front and 3rd row. Probably blows with about 50% less force than the 3rd row which I assume is strange since the vent tubing is probably continous all the way to the back so it would have to bypass the 2nd row to get to the third. Has anyone else experienced this? Yesterday was pushing 40 C here, and my wife and kid sat in the back seat and they were dying after 5 mins. Luckily, the 1st and 3rd row A/C compensated shortly after that and cooled the middle row as well, but not an ideal situation by any means.

Thanks

My guess would be because the 3rd row is the end of the A/C tubing...it's recieving much more force than the 2nd row which is just T'd off the main tubing. I've never checked, I'll have to check out my 2012 DJ.

I didn't know Canada could get up to 104! I thought that was only for us here in the Mojave desert!

Check the 2nd switches and/or close the 3rd row ceilig vents

and see if that makes a difference.

Yes it does get very hot in southern Canada and we even have

a few deserts/arid regions-we're not all Eskimos.

I thought that the third row had it's own mini fan/blower, else the system wouldn't be strong enough to reach back there.

I checked my second row quickly yesterday and found it quite powerful (as did the three year old, who asked me to turn it off as the "wind" was bothering her....)

• 3 weeks later...
I thought that the third row had it's own mini fan/blower, else the system wouldn't be strong enough to reach back there.

true , the rear blower is located in the trunk , right side behind a rectangular grill. Front Blower provide air for the front vents , front floor and floor second row ( the grill are under the driver and passenger seats)

Rear Blower provide air for the 4 roof outlets and a rear floor outlet located right side of the third row seat. So it's true to say that the second row roof air outlet can '' maybe '' provide less air ... especially if the rear control is set to Roof and Floor at the same time.