New Style Mopar Hitch. Please Help!

AstralRT

I just got a call today that my new Mopar hitch as arrived and is ready to be installed, however talking with the parts manager he said its different than expected and it is a drop down hitch the same as an aftermarket and does not require a bumper cut out but assured me it is a Mopar part. Also when ordering the hitch, I confirmed the part number

82210403AB, was this the right part number?

I won't be able to make it to the dealer until Monday to see how it looks, not sure if I want that style hitch to be honest.

Has anyone seen or heard of a new style Mopar hitch that doesn't require a bumper cut out?

Thanks.

So I just confirmed with the dealer that the part number is the same.

82210403AB.

This number also matches

http://moparonlineparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2441

What is really confusing me is that from the description I've been given over the phone it sounds like the same hitch, but they are saying it doesn't need a cut out.

I've seen this hitch installed mostly with the cut out and only once without. I prefer the clean and functional look of the cut out installation.

I'm heading into the dealer on Monday to look it over.

Any thoughts suggestions of what I should do before visiting the dealer and/or anything I should bring with me to confirm the correct installation is done?

The Mopar hitch is currently backordered, and they are trying to pass off a cheap aftermarket hitch as OE. Search here for pics, they look awful. I would wait unless you really need it now.

I don't need the hitch now. I might need it end of July, but maybe not even then. I was told its a Mopar part and not aftermarket. I've also confirmed the part number over the phone and confirmed it is a vertical hitch receiver.

Are they any visual stampings or markings on a Mopar hitch itself to confirm for sure it is a Mopar part?

I'm also getting concerned now that they have never installed a genuine Mopar hitch on a Journey and don't have a clue about the correct procedure.

Should the Mopar hitch also come with the rubber trim to go around the bumper edge after its cut or is that something the dealer adds after ?

I don't need the hitch now. I might need it end of July, but maybe not even then. I was told its a Mopar part and not aftermarket. I've also confirmed the part number over the phone a

They can tell you whatever they like, but that doesn't mean its true. :-)

nd confirmed it is a vertical hitch receiver.

Are they any visual stampings or markings on a Mopar hitch itself to confirm for sure it is a Mopar part?

Yes it will have the Mopar sticker on it , and will have have Mopar instructions in the box it comes in. Pics in instruction will match look of hitch

I'm also getting concerned now that they have never installed a genuine Mopar hitch on a Journey and don't have a clue about the correct procedure.

not that hard to install, I wouldnt worry about that

Should the Mopar hitch also come with the rubber trim to go around the bumper edge after its cut or is that something the dealer adds after ?

all comes in the kit

Just left the dealer. The hitch is a Mopar and all of the needed hardware is in the box. I was told it was on backorder and very lucky to get on this soon. Appointment booked for later this week to have it installed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yes you can test it...I didn't ........Why would I question the dealer install correct?

The 4-pin wiring is as follows:

White .....pin should be sticking out not protected is the ground.

Yellow.... pin is the left turn 12 volt pin

Green ....pin is the red turn 12 volt pin

And the brown is your tail-lights.......12 volt......Make sure your tester is on DC not AC scale if it does not switch automaticaly.

...Caper........

• 2 months later...

Hey Astral

How much did you Mopar Hitch Cost. I saw you were in ottawa i'm actaully thinking of having one installed on mine. Again mine is not a 2012 but at least i'll have an idea.

My price was approx. $300. The dealership did give me a decent price adjustment, I believe I've seen some people get charged/quoted upwards to $600.

My price was approx. $300. The dealership did give me a decent price adjustment, I believe I've seen some people get charged/quoted upwards to $600.

That's good to know thank you very much i was scared it would be a 1000$ or so.

Thanks

Edited by VincB23

• 3 weeks later...