Passenger Seat Creaking (Storage Bin)

chryslerguy

Did anyone notice when someone is sitting in the passenger seat with the storage bin it creaks when going over bumps and such.

It sounds as iff the various plastics that make up the bin are rubbing against each other.

Try sitting in it and rocking around to see what I mean.

Very annoying!

Cloth seats here and not hearing anything. We do have a bunch of the kids things in them though, so maybe we have them weighed down enough? when I drive alone, I often drive with the radio off because I like to listen to the quietness of the ride. The only things I notice are self made rattles and vibrations (cd cases in the center tray vibrating, metal bottles in the doors rattling), but otherwise all's still nice and quiet. That said, I do know that the car will start to loosen up the longer we have it and I fully expect noises to develop over time.

I was hearing the same creaking sound when my 8 year old daughter sometimes is sitting there.After a close inspection I narowed down where the sound is coming from and its the black metal handle for pulling/pushing the seat forwad and back.I wiggled it slightly and it made the same noise.Then I had my daughter sit down and she was doing the same thing as when the noise happens which is here swinging her feet and the noise was replicated.

Im going to the car tomorrow and will lubricate that handle and see what happens.

On a side note I have appoitment tomorrow at 9 am for a brake job.This is my 3 rd one so far which will be covered by the dealer.My Journey has only 27000 km and it is a 2010 model.I have a note from Chrysler stating that my breaks will be covered until 40000 km.What a pain in the rear this breaks are.Will definetely replace with after market once the warranty is over.

• 2 weeks later...

My noise is coming from the bin itself.

If I open the bin and press on the inside of the bin it creaks.

It only happens with pressure.

It is the bin itself and the surrounding plastic components in my case.

I checked it. Exactly the same. I'll try to fit the surrounding plastic, I don't know how yet.

My 2010 RT with leather seats did the same thing after about a year. I complained to the dealer who did the ussual...... nothing. I added that to my list of problems and this month i traded it off on a 2012RT - 2010 RT problems solved.

My 2010 RT with leather seats did the same thing after about a year. I complained to the dealer who did the ussual...... nothing. I added that to my list of problems and this month i traded it off on a 2012RT - 2010 RT problems solved.

Hopefully...because I have a 2011 which uses the same bin design as the 2012 and the 2010.... :(

Hopefully an onslaught of felt tape will save the day!

• 4 weeks later...

My 2010 SXT has the "fold flat" seat with the storage bin too but noise isn't the problem (ya well maybe but it's not from the seat). The wife hates it. She finds that seat most uncomfortable. I would let her drive instead but I'm still trying to get the color back in my knuckles from last time. I have been trying to locate a used seat without the storage bin from a wrecker but no luck so far.

The dealer give me a list of parts I would need to purchase to change the seat but the new cost would be in excess of 900 clams. Here are the parts in case someone else is interested: Front Seat Cushion Frame 4610165AA 95.00$, Front Seat Back Frame 4610146AB 655.00$, Seat Cushion-Foam 68065781AA 160.00$

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was making the same noise that has been mentioned, sounded like a cow bell / creaking noise emitted from the front passenger cushion only when someone was sitting on it. . I inspected the latch for the seat and it worked out to be the spring that puts tension on the latch. Just sprayed with WD 40 - noise gone!

• 2 months later...

Did anyone notice when someone is sitting in the passenger seat with the storage bin it creaks when going over bumps and such.

It sounds as iff the various plastics that make up the bin are rubbing against each other.

Try sitting in it and rocking around to see what I mean.

Very annoying!

Same here...I tried spraying some silicone on the plastic but that didn't help. Will ask the dealer to take a look at it when we go in for our next service.

Edited by walker

• Official Dodge Support

Same here...I tried spraying some silicone on the plastic but that didn't help. Will ask the dealer to take a look at it when we go in for our next service.

Walker,

I found this case that may be of some assistance with the problem. The dealer should see if it would solve the issue for you when you take it in. The case has pics for the dealer to reference on where to apply the felt tape.

Case Number: S1223000029

Release Date: 07/21/2012

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:

Squeak Coming From Under Front Passenger Seat Storage Bin

Diagnosis:

The bin is sitting on and rubbing against the seat track cross frame bar at the front of the passenger seat bottom.

Parts Required:

2 05019055AA Tape, Flock/Felt