2009 Journey, No More Chryslers for Me

jst216

Where to start....Brakes, Brakes, Brakes. I have faught tooth and nail to get them to fix the issue and I finally got them to replace once, then I get a letter from those idiots at Dodge stating they wanted to help with the brake issue as long as I was still under warranty, well guess what, I was way out of warranty and they did not care.

Lets see, oh yeah, Tires, Tires, Tires. Very few available.

Steering issues, lock actuators, iPod intergration issues, transmission issues!!!!!

One more, right tie rod was just about to fall off the thing, heard a noise a few miles from the house after a long family trip, checked the neat day and it needed to be replaced, it was and then a front end alignment after that.

The best part, mileage is only 48,000 miles or so......yippee. I will be soon getting rid of this POS and never buying a Chrysler product again....and I use to work for Dodge.

Forgot one, now my BAS/ESP is on they cant figure how to make it stay off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell everyone I can do not buy, rent, lease or even borrow one of these.

Theres is my story!!!!!

Ihave an 011 crew with 4795 miles, seats coming apart [all the same] They want me to take to upholstery shop,he will take the drivers seat apart and sew the bad area to try.If that works they will take apart all seats and do the same! if that fails then they will try something else. Five new Dodges since 2005 NO MORE!

You don't say why your seats are bad!

Is it your type usage or is it bad panel assy(stitching)?

I think that under warranty that they should be given

the chance to repair before full blown replacement.

If you don't get satisfaction with the repair then you

have got them nailed for replacement seating.

• 1 month later...

Journey

Is that 42,000 miles/km or $42,000???

If it is miles/km then I really feel for you and all your issues you've been having with your Dodge but I feel your being a little too harsh on the manufacturuer and letting the salesperson off the hook who sold you the lemon.......that is the chance you take when your buying a used vehicle. You inherit someone elses problems.

If it is $42,000 you spent for the SE and that is the 4 cylinder model then you've overspent and I can see your anger and frustration when the problems you are having occur.

Hope you find better fortune with your Dodge Journey in future days.

I absolutely did not pay $42,00 for it! LOL thats a laugh. I could have gotten an Audi for that amount. I bought it for $14, 000 when it had 42,000 MILES on it. Today the stalling problems and engine light came back on again. And yes to some people on these forums its not insult people , but when you are ignored by chrysler repeatedly you have no other choice but to vent on a forum. I have no idea what is wrong with my journey again this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ok so heres the deal . Stalls at red lights or any kid of slow down ... Engine light on . First time this happened the code was coming up as crank/cam shaft sensor positioning. We replaced both sensors, Car still bucked and hesitated shifting on highway . We replaced all the spark plugs . ran BEAUTIFUL . now its back to stalling out again . Ran fine yesterday and for a cpl months. Only symptom is stalling. not sure of what to do other than drag it to dealer with hazards on blowing every red light to make it there. lol Any help from Anyone ?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of all the issues.

I too have suffered the brake issue, Front brakes have been replaced twince by Chrysler, and the rear have been replaced twince, once by Chrysler and once by me. After replaceing the rear brakes myself, I am lesss then thrilled with the design of the rear brakes. I will tell you that I will not buy anouther Journey, these brakes just plain suck and nothing has been done to fix the issue.

My Journey has 24,000 miles at this point.

Other then that, I have been more then happy with my Journey, I love the ride, power and room for our twin boys and all their stuff that needs to carted around. And I love the look of the Journey....Almost three years that I have had mine and she still looks damn good! People can;t belive me when I tell them it is a 2009.

Edited by Saltydog

Just bought a 2012 AVP and hopefully the major bugs and kinks have been worked out. From what I see, it seems the 2009 are the worst culprits, and honest, I really think that FIAT is tightening quality up a ton compared to what Daimler was. Always hate to hear about anyone having a bad experience, with any luck the complaints have pushed Dodge to improve.

Just bought a 2012 AVP and hopefully the major bugs and kinks have been worked out. From what I see, it seems the 2009 are the worst culprits, and honest, I really think that FIAT is tightening quality up a ton compared to what Daimler was. Always hate to hear about anyone having a bad experience, with any luck the complaints have pushed Dodge to improve.

Did Dodge do anything with the brakes and rotors from 2009 to 2012?

..Caper.........

• 1 month later...

I looked up the brakes, They are not the same as the Caliber. They only made them in 2009-2010 and put them on the caravans in the dodge world. They also use them in some VW's. It really is just undersized for the job. Caravans have the same brake problems in those years.