DRL

redtomatoman

My DRLs do not seem to come on when I check Daytime Running Lights under the settings menu in Uconnect. They are supposed to come on when the engine is running. I even got the speed up above 15mph (causing the door lock activation) and still no running lights according to my wife. What's up? Am I doing something wrong?

Did you choose the $40 DRL fleet option when purchasing your Journey? Others have reported that they have not been able to get their DRLs to work either, so I'm wondering if they've left the option in uConnect for some models even though the actual DRL option was not included from the factory.

I did not choose it. I bought my journey off the lot. It is the R/T model pretty much fully loaded. Maybe DRLs are not on my Journey. How would I verify if it is included or not as a fleet option?

I did not choose it. I bought my journey off the lot. It is the R/T model pretty much fully loaded. Maybe DRLs are not on my Journey. How would I verify if it is included or not as a fleet option?

You can call the Dodge customer service number on the website and give them your VIN. They'll be able to tell you the exact options that it was shipped with.

Edited by captainhilts

Got my 11' LUX a week ago and also DRL's not working when checked "on" in computer screen. Was told by dealer that they probably were not activated from factory. ??

Thing is that it has every other option under the sun on this vehicle including all lights coming on when windshield wipers come on and so much more but no DRL's..

Edited by Rocky281

Just picked up my used '11 LUX and same thing here. The option is in uConnect but they don't work. Looks like they just left the option in the menu whether the option was actually enabled or not.

That is interesting as the DRLs are part of Option Group 28E. The equipment in this group is ,or I would think, standard on the LUX. But then package content is altered/changed through the run of a model year. The sunscreen glass is supposed to be Mainstreet optional according to the model compare but it's listed as if it's standard on my Mainstreet's window sticker. In the Uconnect menu of your LUX is the option grayed out so it can't be selected? If so I would still think the dealer should be able to activate it using StarScan.

That is interesting as the DRLs are part of Option Group 28E. The equipment in this group is ,or I would think, standard on the LUX. But then package content is altered/changed through the run of a model year. The sunscreen glass is supposed to be Mainstreet optional according to the model compare but it's listed as if it's standard on my Mainstreet's window sticker. In the Uconnect menu of your LUX is the option grayed out so it can't be selected? If so I would still think the dealer should be able to activate it using StarScan.

It's not grayed out. You can actually check and uncheck it, but it has no effect. It doesn't surprise me that it's not actually part of the option group even though it's listed, as they do change those throughout the year as you mentioned.

Anyone out there with a Journey in the US who has actually got this option working?

It's not grayed out. You can actually check and uncheck it, but it has no effect. It doesn't surprise me that it's not actually part of the option group even though it's listed, as they do change those throughout the year as you mentioned.

Anyone out there with a Journey in the US who has actually got this option working?

To get my DRL on - In addition to setting the option in the menu, I had to manually press in (not turn) the "LIGHTS" knob to left of the steering wheel. The DRL come on everytime I start the car now.

Thanks, I should've pointed out the other thread.

For the US owners I would just ask the tech guys next time you're in for an oil change. They may have to call Chrysler first to have the sales code added to your build configuration though, then wait 24 hours before updating with starscan. If you're friendly with them maybe you can get it done for free.