Brand new 2011 Crew. Love it, weird beeps

Hey guys

Just got my 2011 Crew edition Journey a week ago. I love this thing in every way.

One weird thing I noticed, every so often, completely randomly, I hear a beeping sound. It is similar to the artist alert for SIrius, but there will be no alert when this beep sounds.

I checked the messages on the EVIC but nothing there either. I'm not low on gas, it's not slippery out.

Any ideas? has anyone else heard/seen this or am I goin nuts? LOL

Hey guys

Just got my 2011 Crew edition Journey a week ago. I love this thing in every way.

One weird thing I noticed, every so often, completely randomly, I hear a beeping sound. It is similar to the artist alert for SIrius, but there will be no alert when this beep sounds.

I checked the messages on the EVIC but nothing there either. I'm not low on gas, it's not slippery out.

No ideas about the beeping- but congrats on the new wheels!

Hey guys

OK a possibility for the beeping...you've got the 8.4 media radio, right? If there are any songs or artists selected as "favorites" on Sirius, the radio will beep to let you know that one of your favorites is playing on another station. Next time you here it - look down and see if there's a green bar that pops up in the top header area - if so, press it and it will tune to that station which is playing it.

Assuming that's it!? Go into the menu and check your favorites settings, you can tell from the list.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I finally figured this one out.

I was hearing the beeping while I was on FM radio, and there would be no artist/song alert displaying (obviously) but what I ended up realizing was that it was the artist alert that still beeps even if you are not on the Satellite Radio screen.

Glad to know I'm not going crazy!

Thanks all. This post can be closed :)

Glad you figured it out...beeps kinda drive me insane!!

Reminded me of a trick that we played on one of my customers at work. We had an expired gas detector that someone had left at the shop...they beep every minute or so to let you know they are expired... I put it in a glove under the seat of my customers truck. It drove him CRAZY for 2 days because it was so faint that he would only hear it at certain times. :banghead:

Glad you figured it out...beeps kinda drive me insane!!

Reminded me of a trick that we played on one of my customers at work. We had an expired gas detector that someone had left at the shop...they beep every minute or so to let you know they are expired... I put it in a glove under the seat of my customers truck. It drove him CRAZY for 2 days because it was so faint that he would only hear it at certain times. :banghead:

LOL poor guy!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I finally figured this one out.

I was hearing the beeping while I was on FM radio, and there would be no artist/song alert displaying (obviously) but what I ended up realizing was that it was the artist alert that still beeps even if you are not on the Satellite Radio screen.

Glad to know I'm not going crazy!

Thanks all. This post can be closed :)

LOL! Glad I'm not alone, it drove me crazy at first too until I figured out that it was the favorites feature on Sirius that was beeping when I was in FM radio mode. Not sure why it still beeps if I'm not in Sirius mode, but, whatever!

LOL! Glad I'm not alone, it drove me crazy at first too until I figured out that it was the favorites feature on Sirius that was beeping when I was in FM radio mode. Not sure why it still beeps if I'm not in Sirius mode, but, whatever!

It happens in every mode!! USB and DVD too. I just disable alerts while watching a movie then re-enable them when I'm done.

• 2 years later...