R/T Model not available anymore (in Canada)

deulyd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the US version of the Canadian R/T is the LUX. It has misteriously vanished as well!!???!!!:fool:

If my Black R/T with UConnect VC actually gets built (today is build date,) it just may be a collectors item. :D

Edited by SaskGuy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the US version of the Canadian R/T is the LUX. It has misteriously vanished as well!!???!!!:fool:

Well, sort of but not really. R/T is three trim levels down from the top Lux model, in the US. Still an R/T but not as well equipped like its CDN counterpart. That's where the 'yes' comes in...the CDN R/T is loaded to the nines like a US Lux.

It's gotta be a website glitch - I can't imagine they've pulled the plug on the model they make the most money on. Then again, who knows...

Well, sort of but not really. R/T is three trim levels down from the top Lux model, in the US. Still an R/T but not as well equipped like its CDN counterpart. That's where the 'yes' comes in...the CDN R/T is loaded to the nines like a US Lux.

It's gotta be a website glitch - I can't imagine they've pulled the plug on the model they make the most money on. Then again, who knows...

It can't be a glitch as the R/T has disapeared from Canadian Website and the LUX from US at the same time... I believe that has to be related to the parts shortage from Japan.

Arrrghhhhh If I want an R/T I gotta act quickly and buy one that is already at a dealer!!!

If anyone wants the rest of my Kia Rondo 2008 lease for the 8 remaining months just let me know!!! ;) I don't want to assume those payements if I get a Journey now! :banghead:

Edited by deulyd

It can't be a glitch as the R/T has disapeared from Canadian Website and the LUX from US at the same time... I believe that has to be related to the parts shortage from Japan.

I am inclined to believe you, because if the part shortage in Japan dodge probably felt it best to temporarily discontinue certain models If there is a certain car on a dealer's lot I might be inclined to take it because you probably won't get one with all your options by orderering it. :o .

I guess my fully loaded 2010 R/T just beacame somewhat more valuable. :D

Terry

Since this morning the R/T model has vanished from the Dodge.ca website. :(

I think it is because some of the components that make up the R/T are not available ---there are a lot in the pipeline coming from Mexico but you cannot order one to be built----I think the 2012's are already being prepaired-------there are clearances of 2011 Dodge products underway in selected US markets

I think it is because some of the components that make up the R/T are not available ---there are a lot in the pipeline coming from Mexico but you cannot order one to be built----I think the 2012's are already being prepaired-------there are clearances of 2011 Dodge products underway in selected US markets

yeah, the more I think about this - I agree, the R/T is done for '11 and the nail in the coffin was the parts supply issue.

SaskGuy - as much as I'd like to agree it would be great if this could end up making our R/T's collectible - well I don't see it happening. The scheduled cut-off for ordering an '11 R/T to make it into the final days of the model production was already April 29th, so this is only moving up that schedule a mere 6 business days.

Having said that, man I sure am happy I ordered when I did!

Edited by Geer

The way I drive, it wouldn't have been collectible for long anyways!!!!!! :shift:

Ha ha, yeah me too! Your post did get me thinking though...R/T's barely started showing up at dealers in January (first arrived at Winnipeg dealers very beginning of February) so they've only been available less than 12 weeks by my estimation...I wonder how many Canadian R/Ts were built??

I'm thinking this is related to the non-availability of the 8.4" screen. Not only has the R/T model disappeared from dodge.ca but if you try to build a Crew, it just gives an error. Both the Crew and R/T come standard with the 8.4" screen.

Also, when you go to build an SXT, the Navigation and Sound Group is no longer there as an option package, meaning you cannot configure the SXT with the optional 8.4" screen. It comes standard with the 4.3" screen.

If my Black R/T with UConnect VC actually gets built (today is build date,) it just may be a collectors item. :D

I just checked the US website and the Lux is there to be built. Nothing appears to have changed on the US website.

What I've heard on the Canadian side is that the software for ordering will be turned off on May 2nd. The build guides have been modified to show that AWD isn't available in the 11's, but some did get built before the supply issues. I was shocked at the disappearance of models and options in the order software and code guides. The 8.2Uconnect or whatever radio was quickly restricted. Multiple paint colours have delays as well. I think that is common knowledge by now.

I'm a 2009 Journey owner but must confess that I work at a dealership. My ownership is why I'm here guys :) I originally was seeking info about how much of the ESP system you can actually turn off. Didn't get the answers I wanted but its fun here.

I'm going to be the one who'll order the 12's, and *I'm* confused what happened to the 11's. Its all very strange at times. What I can think of is that the websites and dealer software are semi linked as the site can deliver window stickers of dealer stock. As orders are filled for the next months production equipment may run out and orders after that point have to be modified or the order is stalled until the part returns as available. Then all the check boxes for the options come back, probably like the website. Maybe? Heh.

So I'm just waiting for the rest of my 11 orders to be built, or mostly just delivered. Rail delays from Mexico, trucking contract killed, part and paint restrictions... Just stress stress stress! No control over that stuff and it royally sucks. I haven't looked recently but allpar.com is a better source of info than our actual Chrysler regional dealer rep. Even they say so. <_<

If you do the ordering in your dealership, did you notice that the bluetooth wasn't included with the 8.4n? My dealer said that they had assumed (ass...u...me) that it was included right up until I had the salesman go out to try and pair a phone with an R/T (US Lux) ???

During ordering for one of our 2011's, at the time of order I selected an option "RB5 Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV" for $750. On my factory order sheet that is created when ordering. After the VIN is created the factory invoice shows up around the time the vehicle starts coming together.

Ordered Dec. 30, 2010. Invoiced at March 2, 2011. Car not here yet. I get my factory invoice. No longer calling it a Uconnect Touch but now just called Garmin Navigation Radio. But it is still referred to as RB5 Unconnect Touch in the Options Report. The latest code guide (build instructions for all models) was reissued on 04/05/11 and has many many details stripped out. Checking my code guide issued 12/14/10 shows the RB5 as the radio but RSP Uconnect Voice Command W/ Bluetooth WAS a selectable option for $300. No memory if it was actually on the order software page.

Using such similar names certainly has caused issues. I've been searching for where I saw it but I remember reading about if you ordered Uconnect Bluetooth with Uconnect Touch you lose the remote USB port or something like that. Wanting not to lose anything, maybe this is where a little of the issue is. Poorly worded memos.

So this leads me to believe I ordered an R/T in the same manner as your dealership. :banghead:

I've been trying to put that Bluetooth feature in every vehicle we order, along with remote start, but these things slip through. It happens every year albeit different models or reasons. Then finally the vehicle is here and we learn a lesson and try to learn that lesson for the next round of ordering. But I've been taught this lesson on the trucks with their 130 radio that has a Uconnect button on it but has no Uconnect. It just flashes -not installed- or a variant of that. Remote starts can change from standard back and forth as the years change too.

To sum up on the R/T, I think the Uconnect Touch looked like it should have Uconnect w/ Bluetooth. But you either took it together (which will commonly turn off a selected option if it is covered in a group package.) I would make an assumption that the Uconnect Bluetooth would be the one to select if I didn't want the 8.4inch screen. But I wanted both so I check the Uconnect Touch box and look where we are. Uconnect Bluetooth was also included in a group called Convenience Group 1 but that was only available on the lower trim. The R/T only had Driver Convenience Group for the backup cam and sensors. So you would need to select both Uconnect features to get what we really wanted, but only on the R/T. The SXT's were more clear.

Arg! :rant2:

Now to wait on the 12's.

During ordering for one of our 2011's, at the time of order I selected an option "RB5 Uconnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV" for $750. On my factory order sheet that is created when ordering. After the VIN is created the factory invoice shows up around the time the vehicle starts coming together.

Ordered Dec. 30, 2010. Invoiced at March 2, 2011. Car not here yet. I get my factory invoice. No longer calling it a Uconnect Touch but now just called Garmin Navigation Radio. But it is still referred to as RB5 Unconnect Touch in the Options Report. The latest code guide (build instructions for all models) was reissued on 04/05/11 and has many many details stripped out. Checking my code guide issued 12/14/10 shows the RB5 as the radio but RSP Uconnect Voice Command W/ Bluetooth WAS a selectable option for $300. No memory if it was actually on the order software page.

Using such similar names certainly has caused issues. I've been searching for where I saw it but I remember reading about if you ordered Uconnect Bluetooth with Uconnect Touch you lose the remote USB port or something like that. Wanting not to lose anything, maybe this is where a little of the issue is. Poorly worded memos.

So this leads me to believe I ordered an R/T in the same manner as your dealership. :banghead:

I've been trying to put that Bluetooth feature in every vehicle we order, along with remote start, but these things slip through. It happens every year albeit different models or reasons. Then finally the vehicle is here and we learn a lesson and try to learn that lesson for the next round of ordering. But I've been taught this lesson on the trucks with their 130 radio that has a Uconnect button on it but has no Uconnect. It just flashes -not installed- or a variant of that. Remote starts can change from standard back and forth as the years change too.

To sum up on the R/T, I think the Uconnect Touch looked like it should have Uconnect w/ Bluetooth. But you either took it together (which will commonly turn off a selected option if it is covered in a group package.) I would make an assumption that the Uconnect Bluetooth would be the one to select if I didn't want the 8.4inch screen. But I wanted both so I check the Uconnect Touch box and look where we are. Uconnect Bluetooth was also included in a group called Convenience Group 1 but that was only available on the lower trim. The R/T only had Driver Convenience Group for the backup cam and sensors. So you would need to select both Uconnect features to get what we really wanted, but only on the R/T. The SXT's were more clear.

Arg! :rant2:

Now to wait on the 12's.

I ordered the 8.4N but no addiitonal V/C or bluetooth. My salesman and the sales brochure both said/say that the 8.4N comes with V/C and BT. Furthermore the online build sheet for my car indicates "wireless connectivity" under Options.

Awaiting delivery any day now (R/T's in town!) If I don't see V/C and Call Buttons on the steering wheel, I will refuse to take it because I have on 3 pieces of paper telling me I'm suppose to have it. I have a good feeling either the dealer or Chrysler or both will be kicking in $300 to give me what was advertized.

I ordered the 8.4N but no addiitonal V/C or bluetooth. My salesman and the sales brochure both said/say that the 8.4N comes with V/C and BT. Furthermore the online build sheet for my car indicates "wireless connectivity" under Options.

Awaiting delivery any day now (R/T's in town!) If I don't see V/C and Call Buttons on the steering wheel, I will refuse to take it because I have on 3 pieces of paper telling me I'm suppose to have it. I have a good feeling either the dealer or Chrysler or both will be kicking in $300 to give me what was advertized.

I'd get in touch right away about that. Go in and make it clear that it is contractual and ask them to check on the separate build possibility. It will help the dispute explosion in some way. I would hope.

I'd get in touch right away about that. Go in and make it clear that it is contractual and ask them to check on the separate build possibility. It will help the dispute explosion in some way. I would hope.

Thanks...I'll keep my fingers crossed when I go to pick it up. I don't see this as being the dealer's fault or problem, but I do expect them to go to bat for me.

I just went through this exact issue with my 2011 RT. Salesman told me it included uconnect bluetooth (he honestly thought it had it), and since my car is loaded we assumed he was right, got home and no bluetooth :rant2:

You cannot add the uconnect phone after the fact, even if you have navigation etc...it's not an available part for the 2011. So you return your car or your out of luck, end of story.

My dealership is awesome and have been great through the whole ordeal. They are footing the bill for a car audio store to install an aftermarket bluetooth system through my stereo (no cheesy wires, will be integrated etc). Not perfect by any means as it wont run through my 8.4 screen but I dont have 3+ months to reorder and wait. At least I'll have bluetooth

The sales manager told me when he ordered my car he tried selecting the bluetooth $300 option but for a long period it wasn't available in Canada for some unknown reason.

I just went through this exact issue with my 2011 RT. Salesman told me it included uconnect bluetooth (he honestly thought it had it), and since my car is loaded we assumed he was right, got home and no bluetooth :rant2:

You cannot add the uconnect phone after the fact, even if you have navigation etc...it's not an available part for the 2011. So you return your car or your out of luck, end of story.

My dealership is awesome and have been great through the whole ordeal. They are footing the bill for a car audio store to install an aftermarket bluetooth system through my stereo (no cheesy wires, will be integrated etc). Not perfect by any means as it wont run through my 8.4 screen but I dont have 3+ months to reorder and wait. At least I'll have bluetooth

The sales manager told me when he ordered my car he tried selecting the bluetooth $300 option but for a long period it wasn't available in Canada for some unknown reason.

Well, the VC and BT did not come with my 8.4N. I showed the dealer the brochure and other documentation saying it's supposed to be included. And they offered a Mopar bluetooth accessory add-on (value $400 as you said) at no cost, or wait and see if the factory parts are made available and get it at cost. So I took the free Mopar bluetooth. Happy with that, but I will still file a complaint with Chrysler Canada as ultimately it is their shortcoming.