R/T Model not available anymore (in Canada)

deulyd

You cannot add the uconnect phone after the fact, even if you have navigation etc...it's not an available part for the 2011. So you return your car or your out of luck, end of story.

I am a bit curious why there wouldn't be a way they can add it after the fact? I can't imagine that there are 2 different 8.4 touchscreen models... One with VC/BT, and one without? I would think it would be a software update, or something (along with adding the wiring, etc..) I could be wrong, and am hoping that there will be a way to add it afterwards.

I am a bit curious why there wouldn't be a way they can add it after the fact? I can't imagine that there are 2 different 8.4 touchscreen models... One with VC/BT, and one without? I would think it would be a software update, or something (along with adding the wiring, etc..) I could be wrong, and am hoping that there will be a way to add it afterwards.

They mentioned something about it not being possible to add on because dodge changed to a new stereo system since mine was built in november 2010. So yes apparently different 8.4 models

So they cant get the part to just add it, apparently it can only be done a time of ordering, not after the fact. The whole thing is stupid...what car nowadays doesnt come equipped with bt?! :rolleyes: I have navigation and power everything but no bt,. Bizarre that it would even be an add on.

Edited by Vijourney

• 1 month later...

It appears that the remaining inventory of R/T's in western Canada that have 7 seats appear to have either the Uconnect voice or the Garmin navigation (but not both). As I want both, I'm told that I may have to wait until the 2012 model is available.

However, I'm getting some conflicting information from two dealers in British Columbia. A Victoria dealer is telling me that I may have to wait until January 2012 for the 2012 model Dodge Journey. A Vancouver dealer is telling me that pricing for the 2012 model should be available within a couple of weeks, with production (in Mexico) starting in about a month. The 2012 Journey should be showing up at dealers in mid-September. As these are two very different "stories" - can anyone tell me what the real situation is?

It appears that the remaining inventory of R/T's in western Canada that have 7 seats appear to have either the Uconnect voice or the Garmin navigation (but not both). As I want both, I'm told that I may have to wait until the 2012 model is available.

However, I'm getting some conflicting information from two dealers in British Columbia. A Victoria dealer is telling me that I may have to wait until January 2012 for the 2012 model Dodge Journey. A Vancouver dealer is telling me that pricing for the 2012 model should be available within a couple of weeks, with production (in Mexico) starting in about a month. The 2012 Journey should be showing up at dealers in mid-September. As these are two very different "stories" - can anyone tell me what the real situation is?

According to Chrysler insiders over at the Allpar forums, production on the 2011's has already ended. Dealers cannot even order a 2011 at this point. 2012's should start showing up pretty shortly.

According to Chrysler insiders over at the Allpar forums, production on the 2011's has already ended. Dealers cannot even order a 2011 at this point. 2012's should start showing up pretty shortly.

That's exactly what we were told as well. By salemen and Dodge Canada customer service rep. It's a shame really. Considering the demand, we have to wait until 2012 comes out. I really wonder when that will be, as the 2011's came out rather late (we missed the window for ordering black r/t). Whats frustrating is they still run comercials for it. Grrrrrr

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...