u connect phone / bluetooth

I was told my journey would come equipped with u connect phone, as it was the only feature I asked for specifically. Even as I was walking out the salesman said " ya just push the button and away you go" well being in a hurry and excited about the new vehicle. I didn't notice it wasn't there till I got half way home. Called the salesman , said he'd look into it.

After 3 days of hearing from noone, I stormed into the dealership demanding to know what the hell was going on.

They gave me the run around, I was there for 3 hours. After talking to the salesman, parts dept manager, assit. dealer manager ( making it very clear that I was not happy with any of their reasons) they had me sit with the dealership manager. I sat there and listened to the same excuses. We discussed exchanging the vehicle ( but to much of a hassle ) He offered me a Garmin gps with bluetooth capability ( which I gladly accepted) and told me as soon as the parts became available they would install it at there cost. ( I had him write that on the original bill of sale ) I have tried searching for the part on every dodge parts webpage available and have not yet found any ( or any parts for 2011 for that matter)

So I guess we sit tight and wait for now. I'm actually worried about them tearing the vehicle apart when it does come in, doesn't look like an easy install.

I've posted the original e-mails that were sent between me and parts dept. manager.

Dear

I just wanted to pass on the information that we have received from that email inquiry that was sent regarding u-connect kits. Chrysler has sent this reply to us.

“u connect for this vehicle has yet to be offered and there is not an ETA. Check the website from time to time to see if a kit has been released.”

So, as soon as one of these kits becomes available, we will definitely let you know.

To which I replied:

It's not the answer I was hoping to hear. I Thank-you for your time and effort. regarding this issue and hope it gets resolved a.s.a.p. I also have someone looking into this matter and will keep you informed.

To which he replied:

It's not the answer I wanted to hear either. You don't need to thank me. It's my job to help you out to the best of my abilities. I understand your frustration on this matter. Just know that we are working to resolve this matter for you ASAP

The same thing happened to me. I called a dealership and they told me that they had a 2011 Journey R/T in stock fully loaded so i drove 1 hour to that dealer to buy it. When I got there, it had everything but the bluetooth (u-connect). I eneded up buying the truck anyways, but I regret not trying to find one with the bluetooth. They told me that I would be able to add it after but it's still not available yet! Let me know if you hear anything cause I really want the bluetooth. I'm sure there going to try to charge us $500 or more to install it even though it's a $300 option. You would think a bluetooth in a 2011 vehicle would be standard now!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's something unique to the States (I see you guys are in Canada), but my 2011 Lux has U-Connect and bluetooth.

My phone had no problem sync'ing up with the Journey and it works quite well. <shrug>

Sooo, it is available from Chrysler, but maybe it's different in the States.

I live in Canada and picked up my 2011 Journey RT one month ago and it was fully equiped with Bluetooth and UConnect. Not sure why your dealer is saying it was not available. I have to say though, that in my search for the Journey I wanted, many were ordered by dealers without the Uconnect Bluetooth feature. I think many dealers are very short sighted as to what the buyers want. If I was the dealer, I would add this on every vehicle ordered.

zack - it isn't that the dealers were shortsighted to what the buyers want, the way Dodge had it originally listed, the 8.4n was called 8.4 with uConnect, so it made it seem like it came with the BT/VC. Many dealers were surprised to find that when they took receipt of the Journey's that they didn't come with VC/BT, and found out afterwards it was a seperate $300 option.

zack - it isn't that the dealers were shortsighted to what the buyers want, the way Dodge had it originally listed, the 8.4n was called 8.4 with uConnect, so it made it seem like it came with the BT/VC. Many dealers were surprised to find that when they took receipt of the Journey's that they didn't come with VC/BT, and found out afterwards it was a seperate $300 option.

Hey there. I am suffering the same frustration just trying to find out if it will EVER be available. My dealer found the my 2011 R/T in Montreal and had it sent to St. John's NL for me. The only option missing was the BT. Unless I am missing something here, the mirror in my vehicle has the two microphones for the VC/BT, the steering wheel does not have the two phone buttons but the knock-out is there, after that it seem to me that it would be a software upgrade to the uconnect to have the phone icon added to the 8.4 screen. AND, I can't get answers from anyone.

Still love the vehicle though!!!!

Yep - I am hoping that is the case as well. There is a member on here that was told that there is no way to get the factory VC/BT if it didn't come with it from the factory. He was told by his dealer I believe, however, they could be mistaken as well. at least I'm sure hoping so!

Just received a reply from my service consultant saying > “All UConnects/Bluetooth major supply issues, currently major backorders. Very high on the visibility list in Auburn hills and several alternatives are being pursued with the earliest being available possibly late june”

So it says “possibly”, will that ETA be pushed back a little further?

I’m not sure.

So looks like we'll have to wait a while longer.

All of the automakers are having supply problems if they are getting equipment manufactured from suppliers in Japan. For example, Chrysler is out of Nav Systems as the chips used in the manufacturing come from the earthquakes zone in Japan. This is not just a problem Chrysler is having, but all automakers. If the UConnect parts are coming from there, they may be trying to find alternative suppliers who can manufature the parts for them. This still takes time for this to happen. If this is the case, it may be a while.

I am not saying that the parts come from there, but if they do, it will be a while.

Picked up my 2011 journey rt last week,it was supposed to have bluetooth but doesn`t.Still waiting to see what dealership is going to do about it,should have an answer by next week I was told.Will update when dealership calls me back was told they have a lot of people with same problem so hopefully doge will buck up and fix the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. To date I have been unable to find a kit to retrofit to my 2011 8.4 Uconnect system. I hope they come up with a solution soon, as one of my criteria for purchasing a new vehicle was a bluetooth handsfree system.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue with me, spec sheet says 8.4" uconnect radio, but I don't have the mic or the buttons, really disappointing, my old 2009 journey was loaded, heated seats and all not this one, this is a step backwards, but I have a big display that shows music.... Big deal, what a waste

And why would they do the keyless ignition then nickel and dime the remote start out of it? Makes no sense

Being a fleet car I spend 1/3 of my waking life driving these cars..

Same issue with me, spec sheet says 8.4" uconnect radio, but I don't have the mic or the buttons, really disappointing, my old 2009 journey was loaded, heated seats and all not this one, this is a step backwards, but I have a big display that shows music.... Big deal, what a waste

And why would they do the keyless ignition then nickel and dime the remote start out of it? Makes no sense

Being a fleet car I spend 1/3 of my waking life driving these cars..

I just got a new 2011 Journey Crew and it has the Uconnect 8.4 with the bluetooth, it works very well with my new IPhone 4. I really would love to have the navigation and figured all it would take is a software update to add the navigation. Its been a real hassle trying to get this info. But today I got a cargo mat off ebay from a Dodge dealer and emailed him this question. He was nice enough to call Chrysler and this is his response.....

I just got off the phone with Chrysler. Unfortunatly, at this time there is

no products available to upgrade or change out to the 8.4N. The newer cars

come with a new "buss" style electrical that they are still working to find

compatbilty with. I was told to wait a few months and try again. I hope this

helps. I know it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Sorry to be the bearer of

bad news.

So hopefully they will have something that I can upgrade this 8.4 to a 8.4N

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear everyone is having bluetooth issues. I have a different sort of bluetooth problem. I purchased a 2011 that has the 4 inch system. I didn't have the steering wheel controls, but did have Bluetooth functions on the radio. Unfortunately, when I took it in because the SAT locked up and Sirius couldn't unlock it. The Dealer fixed the SAT, but blanked my bluetooth and now I can't find it in the menu.

That's interesting. As far as I knew, if the buttons weren't on the steering wheel, it doesn't have Bluetooth? I am guessing this was working for you so it does sound like there should be some kind of flash update to enable it again... However, it may be difficult to convince the dealer that you had BT when you don't have the buttons. Let us know how it works out for you!