Fixed. C2200 Anti-Lock Brake Module Internal Failure.

luzmina

I have the C2200 Anti-Lock Brake Module Internal Failure for a while, the code use to return after 2 weeks of clearing codes, recall was done few years ago and most of the fix is to replace the ABS module, I fixed mine just connecting all the grounds in one single post (see attached picture and recall) It have been one year since the fix and the C2200 has no returned.

Recall.pdf

IMG_2.jpg

Edited by luzmina

Have the same code and have been waiting on the abs unit to come back in stock  at the dealership for over a yr, ( waiting on them as I have the max warranty) they say they may get them in Feb 2024 anyways it started working again this summer but when it turned off cold this fall it the lights came back on and the abs still not working ,, really didn't expect this to work but is easy to get to so I tried it and nope its still not working and the warning lights are still on, my stepson has a scanner and I'll have him bring it over this weekend and clear the codes to see if that helps but I don't have any real hope it will,but will repost if it does

well after taking another look at your picture you are showing the ground points of the passenger side so I went and moved mine over to that stud as you did still no difference and as you had said about the recall on those wires there I had mine done as well so I flipped the wires so they went on backwards from the original position of them and then checked my warning lights and they were out, so I took it for a drive and then about 1 mile down the road the lights came on again, hmm so I went back home and took them off and wiggle the wires and such and then re-tightened them down and after doing this a couple of times the lights were off again but then came on after driving a mile or two.it makes me want to strip the wires back as each as 2 wires coming together and maybe they might have some corrosion in there causing intermittent connection plus the coating from the recall looks kind of sketchy as well.

Try cleaning the ABS connector with an electrical cleaner spray can, always remove the negative cable from the battery, remove the ABS connector module and spray the male and female connector with good amount of cleaner. I use the WD40 contact cleaner brand.

Edited by luzmina

5 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Even grinding off paint to get to bare metal. Then fine film of dielectric grease can sometimes fix flaky ground issues. Salt belt cars are more prone to these kind of problems. I went through this with a few Hyundai vehicles, bad strut tower grounds.

I didn't grind any paint off the studs but I did  cleaned it real good with a wire brush and I live in Alabama with  almost no salt problems like most experience ,I even ran a separate ground from the negative battery jump points to the wires and ground stud and that didn't make any difference as well, It turned off cold again today around 55 degrees so I didn't mess with it but I did take it to my most trusted mechanic one  that I only  will use and showed and explained everything that has went on and what I had done  and was asking if it would be worth cutting off the 2 ground lugs connectors and maybe a couple of inches of wire   off the wires and reattach new ones, and,his advise to me was to leave it alone, as he said most times when it has the  internal problem  failure code then it is the unit going bad even if it is just intermittent and since it will  be covered under my warranty if we start messing with it they might try to deny my warranty claim on the repair that is  IF they ever get a replacement part,so the only thing I don't like is the cruise control not working it isn't a serious problem to me, just frustrating...........BUT I still have that nagging feeling that it is due to the ground wires are involved....