2017 Dodge Journey Transmission issues

Jase405

Ok so I don’t know what this is but it’s odd to me and maybe someone can give me some insight. I have a 2017 Dodge Journey crossroads and when it shifts from first into second it shifts hard and feels like it clunks. The odd part is it doesn’t do it every time like it could be days before it does it again. The dealer ship said it needed the shift points reset so they reset it and it was great for about two weeks and now it  started doing it again. The battery died a few days ago and when we changed it the problem went away again.

Now it’s been two weeks again and it’s back! I get no engine lights or codes and it’s driving me crazy and I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else had seen or heard of this issue before I set the thing on fire Lol. 

It's the 4 cylinder, I should have said that in the post. It's fine when you take off but when it goes into the next gear it shifts hard and bumps but going into the gear after that is fine. It also doesn't do it if you are taking off with a bit of speed so it seems that it happens more in the lower RPM range.

Edited by Jase405

one thing about our transmissions , they learn how you shift and then if someone else drives it for a bit that drives a lot different from on how you drive it can recalabraight itself, that said my 2014 sometimes (not to often) will hesitate when shifting or downshifting if driven differently from what i just had been driving, not sure if this is what you are noticing ....also no mention of miles and if you are the org owner?

Second owner and 60k miles. The funny thing about that learning to drive thing both times it has come back my mom has driven it, could it be her causing the issue because she drives two footed which I hate and have tried to get her to stop it but I don't drive that way. Can I just pull the battery to reset everything so it learns again or is there a way to reset it back to default? 

Edited by Jase405

it will just relearn your style of driving over the next few weeks,, that said i noticed you said the 4 cly so not sure if that trans is a relearn as well as the 6 spd trans,,,, John might chime in here in the next day or so and he will have better info on that