What Jobs do you all do ?

mydodgejourney

hi, i am a metallurgical technician, at a potash mine in esterhazy, saskatchewan, i drive 150 km per day to get to work and back, from whitewood, saskatchewan. i drive thru 3 valleys, lots of snow, ice, slush, heavy traffic with all the expansion. 2010 R/T... so far so good!

Greetings from a Regina driver although I bought my Journey out at Indian Head. ;)

Terry

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 Yrs old. married for 5 yrs and ahve 2 kids (5 and 3 yrs old.) My wife does not work and i work for a dodge dealer in the service

dept. Replaced our 06 caravan swb with a 2010 Journey R/T Uptown FWD. so far we love it. Gas mileage is a little rough but only has 4500 miles on it, so it can still get better.

• 2 weeks later...

30 yr old here, married for 5 years with a 3 yr old son. Own my own retail electronics store. Replacing the wife's gas disintegrator (aka Grand Cherokee 5.9l) Ordered an 11 Journey AWD fully loaded R/T. Hopefully it gets better than 30L/100km (7.7MPG) in the city

Hi all,

I'm 38, married, 2 young girls 5 and almost 8. Structural Engineer for City of Winnipeg (up here in the great white north).

Lease up next month for my '07 Chevy Equinox. Ordered an '11 R/T to replace it, that was about 5 weeks ago. Long time Dodge fan, but I hope they've worked most of the first-gen bugs out.

The way I see it, Chrysler is dumping the pentastar engine into almost all of their fleet, so hopefully its bulletproof or they will have a hell of a problem on their hands!

• 1 month later...

A wife 2 boys 11 and 15. We love the the dodge journey we had the 2009 sxt and just picked up 2011 rt. And i am a manager at a bulk fuel station. I love the dodge line i also have a 2009 pick up but hate the service. AND i'am 34.

Edited by peppermango

• 1 month later...

You're kidding right? Even with a tank of all city driving in my 2011 Crew, I can barely get it up to 14L over the whole tank.

I hope you realize that I was quoting Defender 007 :) and what he was expecting. :) not what I thought I should get. I think the My Fuelly logo at the bottom of my post speaks to the fact I am quite aware of the actual gas mileage. :D

terry

Edited by Windancer

• 3 weeks later...

33 yo male, single father of a 9yo boy, Montréal, QC

I don't personally own the Journey, and I certainly wouldn't need it for personal use. It is provided by the company as we need a vehicle to move our teams of 4-5 people around the town, plus large equipment. It just happens that the car is mine at all times as long as I keep the job, and it does have a purpose outside the job too (a friend really appreciated the help that the Journey and I provided as she moved out last week-end).

Basically, I work for a large convenience store, and I am a supervisor/driver in the internal inventory service. So we have to move around from store to store. I have the 7-seat option, but we never use the third row seats. Employees prefer to pack on the second row seats instead. With the third row down, we have more than enough cargo space for all the material that we need to carry around: 3 stepladders (3 steps, not the kitchen kind) and two large heavy bags.

37 year old male, married father of two in Kingston, Ontario.

I work in Information Technology (IT) and my job involves everything from the management of datacentre systems to client networks and associated hardware.

I do not use my vehicle for work purposes other than to get to work in the mornings and home in the evenings!

• 4 weeks later...

29, Married 5 years with 2 kids, 3 and 1. Computer Engineer, currently writing microprocessor and .NET code for HVAC controls industry somewhere in Oklahoma.

Needed a second car so my wife could ferry our son to speech and hearing therapy. He's got moderate hearing loss. Before that, we had made a single (2000 Saturn LS2) car work for us for over 5 years.

Male-38.

wife is 37.

2 kids for now... one is 16, the other is almost 8 months.

I'm a Jeep fanatic (own a '07 JK-U Rubicon)

the wife is currently unemployed.

Due to the baby... the wife (sadly) traded her 2010 Challenger SE for our 2011 Journey.

as for career field... lets just say... i'm "that guy" you never want to see in the rear view mirror.

I suppose I could introduce myself while I'm here.

I'm 30 and have been married for 3 years. We have a 2 year old daughter and another on the way. I work at a university as a computer tech. Traded in our 2009 Toyota Matrix for the 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. No complaints so far!

• 4 weeks later...

Served 5 yrs in the airforce as ground radar tech moved on to private

industry with large multinational busines equip firm where I spent

34 yrs working thru the company.

Retired 11 yrs ago at 59 yrs old and now do what the wife tells me to do.