Hi Papo

Welcome to our little group. I ordered a hitch with my Journey as well but I was told they would have to put an after market Hitch on after it arrived at the dealership. the Hitch they will install is supposed to be equivalent to a REESE or HIDDEN HITCH which are both good hitches. It would appear that Chrysler doesn't have a hitch designed for those vehicles yet even thought they sell the Trailer Prep Package for it.

Keith

Dodge does sell their own hitch receiver, however they need to cut out a piece of the rear bumper to install it.

Also there is an awful looking 7 pin connector right beside it.

This info is from the U.S. website.

post-42-1209902429_thumb.jpg

Hitch Receiver

Description: Hitch Receiver - 3,500 lb/350 lb tongue, 2" opening. Hitch Ball sold separately.­

Item Number: 82210403

MSRP*: $215.00

Part Note:

Installation Guide:

Vehicle Description: 2009 Journey

Dodge does sell their own hitch receiver, however they need to cut out a piece of the rear bumper to install it.

Also there is an awful looking 7 pin connector right beside it.

This info is from the U.S. website.

post-42-1209902429_thumb.jpg

Hitch Receiver

Description: Hitch Receiver - 3,500 lb/350 lb tongue, 2" opening. Hitch Ball sold separately.­

Item Number: 82210403

MSRP*: $215.00

Part Note:

Installation Guide:

Vehicle Description: 2009 Journey

I will be adding a hitch to ours as well but want to wait for a little to see what come out. I like the idea of the flat hidden hitch style like in the picture.

also like Kconnors mentioned, welcome to our little group

Rob

Thanks everyone, I ordered my Hitch from JC Whitney, and actually installed it yesterday, at first I thought that I would have to drop the mufflers but I was able to slide it up and over the mufflers. The hitch looks great, the job took around 1 hour. The Hitch looks like the Hidden hitches in and around the small spare. I am awaiting my mud flaps, bug deflector and rain guards, I will let everyone know how the install goes with that. Great Site thanks again everyone!

Thanks everyone, I ordered my Hitch from JC Whitney, and actually installed it yesterday, at first I thought that I would have to drop the mufflers but I was able to slide it up and over the mufflers. The hitch looks great, the job took around 1 hour. The Hitch looks like the Hidden hitches in and around the small spare. I am awaiting my mud flaps, bug deflector and rain guards, I will let everyone know how the install goes with that. Great Site thanks again everyone!

Yes, I am with Rick on this one too, can you post some pictures for us? It would be GREATLY appeciated

Rob

It will be raining for the next couple of dayz but once it stops I will post so pics.

Rain schmain, put a plastic bag over your head so the camera doesn't get wet and get some pictures for us, sheeeesh. Oh be sure to tie the bag tight so no moisture gets in either :hysterical::hysterical:

LOL!!!! looking forward to seeing the pictures, thank you

oh and the above is all in good fun :thumbsup:

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
It will be raining for the next couple of dayz but once it stops I will post so pics.

Any pics yet?? I'm thinking of ordering the hitch for mine but I'd like to know how hard it was to install and what it looks like when it's finished

• 2 weeks later...

Can you share what type of hitch model you order and where did you put the wiring harness. Thankes

I order the hitch from JC Whitney and the hitch is a class III and the manufactor is Curt.

Thanks for the heads up on this I just finished installing the same hitch on mine. I ordered it after I saw the pics of yours and JC Whitney had a great deal on it :happy feet: Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have the mudflaps on order also, are they a dealer install or do yourslf. thanks.

Mud flaps are very easy to install...please don't pay a dealer. Usually they line up with holes already in the well and you just screw them in. I haven't gotten them yet for my journey, but installed them on others.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for the great information posted here about installing a hitch. Just installed a Hidden Hitch on my wife’s Journey today. Not to bad of a install, worst part was dropping the mufflers on the dual exhaust. Has anyone came across a good wiring harness that is some what easy to install? Any help is appreciated. Again THANKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After realizing that Dodge was going to take too long I contacted a few aftermarket truck accessory places. Truckin America told me initially that there were none (May) but took my phone number. Late in June they called me back and I now have a Drawtite installed. Unfortunately the wiring harness that came with my RT did not have any paperwork and no one, even the dealer knew how to install it. I was in the dealer for a check engine light (emissions issue) and the local Dodge dealer now claims they can install for about $200. Will schedule it sometime soon.