Front Plate?

For those of you with USA Front Plates, did your Journey come with a mounting plate or surround or is the plate a direct bolt

on to the bumper? Mine is directly bolted to the bumper and looks like an after thought. I can not believe Dodge sells them this way.

It would be no problem with a Euro Plate, would be perfect for that, but a State plate looks really bad.

Any good front end shots of plates on these around?

Chris

For those of you with USA Front Plates, did your Journey come with a mounting plate or surround or is the plate a direct bolt

on to the bumper? Mine is directly bolted to the bumper and looks like an after thought. I can not believe Dodge sells them this way.

It would be no problem with a Euro Plate, would be perfect for that, but a State plate looks really bad.

Any good front end shots of plates on these around?

Chris

Was my biggest complaint too...just picked up our new unit 2 weeks ago and it had to go back to service for a few minor add ons as part of the purchase (a hitch!!!) and they had to "mount the front plate".....well 2 screws to the bumper...I said I could have done that!!!!

Thanks

Kris

• 8 months later...

Chris

Up here we don't need a front plate, wish I had of got a plate holder and I would give it to you :)

Terry

• 1 year later...

I just got my journey 2 weeks ago, and I got a front plate holder with mine, It wasn't on the car, but in the back with the cargo net. I looked on the front bumper and noticed the two VERY small holes to mount it to, but I don't think I will be putting it on. We don't need a front plate here in KY or TN and I don't want to put bigger holes in my bumper.

Holy crap,

I have been trying to figure out why I have been having a wind buffeting

noise. I just put two and two together but it started happening when

I installed the front plate last month. Anyone else hear their plate

flapping in the wind?

had to do the same thing on my 2004 van drilled the 2 holes and put on my lic. plate never had a flapping noise from it, tighten up thoes screws till they are tight. should solve the problem