A possible 3 DJ family?

5rebel9

41 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Well...

I'm getting older now, so had my winter work coat on and LONG trousers! At least NO gloves, hat and boots! What a chore though to get out the 100' water hose to reach the cars in the driveway and not sink into the ground by washing them in the yard closer to the water faucet! The ground is pretty "mushy" as it is.

To be honest, I long to return to coastal North Carolina for the weather there! Been wanting that since 1983 ! This year has been an easy snow season here, but the winds and COLD temps have not changed any. I really miss the New Bern and MCAS Cherry Point area I served there for 4 years. Wife says NO due to hurricanes and venomous snakes that are prevalent in that area. BUT loves to vacation there {when we can get time and money} 

I have switched to the fabric hose by Zero G  they have a contractors grade hose and it is great only thing I don't like about it is that it is florissant green and warranted for 7 yrs Lowes sells them as well as most other stores they say they don't kink but thats B.S. but light weight and then rolls up easy after shutting off the water they come in either 75 or 100 ft

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

I have switched to the fabric hose by Zero G  they have a contractors grade hose and it is great only thing I don't like about it is that it is florissant green and warranted for 7 yrs Lowes sells them as well as most other stores they say they don't kink but thats B.S. but light weight and then rolls up easy after shutting off the water they come in either 75 or 100 ft

My parents use those type hoses due to their convenience of use. I have used them and am not impressed with flow rate to really blast due to small ID of the hose. Great to water the flowers and such or use to GENTLE RINSE a car, BUT I need to blast dirt out of the wheel wells and undersides of vehicles . I live in dairy farm country, tractors and farm equipment, along with tractor trailers of maure run the roads constantly and leave a BIG MESS on the roads. Heaven forbid you round a bend in the road and run right up to the back of such for all the "slurry" they fling off! 

Thanks for the recommendation just the same .

11 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

My parents use those type hoses due to their convenience of use. I have used them and am not impressed with flow rate to really blast due to small ID of the hose. Great to water the flowers and such or use to GENTLE RINSE a car, BUT I need to blast dirt out of the wheel wells and undersides of vehicles . I live in dairy farm country, tractors and farm equipment, along with tractor trailers of maure run the roads constantly and leave a BIG MESS on the roads. Heaven forbid you round a bend in the road and run right up to the back of such for all the "slurry" they fling off! 

Thanks for the recommendation just the same .

not sure which hose you are talking about but the brand i am using is 75 foot  and is the same dia ( 5/8-3/4) as most hard hose and delivers the same amount of water to the sprayer as well with full force it is 5/8 or bigger, i use it on my pressure washer as well, ( i did fill a 5 gal bucket of water thur both of my hoses old hard hose and the Zero G , and both filled the bucket in the same amount of time that is permissible to use with the pressure washer req need of water) now i wouldn't want to use it on your dairy farm due to the fabric cloth covering but then that would def be a different grade of water hose for that purpose use, but for around a house and garage it has held up great i have reg version of it that is black covered that i have had for over 5 yrs with no problems and then the contractor brand version that is heavy grade which is 75 ft for 4 years and both work for cleaning the town house brick which i use to spray the siding off all the way to the top of the peak of the roof, so around 25 foot with just a reg hose sprayer from walmart.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

I finally found at reasonable cost fog light bulbs for the '14. 

Phillips PSX24W/CVPB1 @$16 each thru rockauto. SUPPOSED to be brighter, but with disclaimer of possible shorter lifespan.

I had to order rear rotors and pads for my Buick and the bulbs were at the same location for shipment, so I got them. Parts were from Syracuse,NY and ordered Friday morning and were delivered FEDEX ground this morning. Fastest processing and delivery I've seen yet! Yes the city of origin was only about 3.5 hours away.

Will install on the first warmer DECENT weather day we get here, been raining and cold for 4 days and next week does not look much better! 😞AND the Buick brakes have the priority to get done!

3 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

UPDATE

I finally found at reasonable cost fog light bulbs for the '14. 

Phillips PSX24W/CVPB1 @$16 each thru rockauto. SUPPOSED to be brighter, but with disclaimer of possible shorter lifespan.

I had to order rear rotors and pads for my Buick and the bulbs were at the same location for shipment, so I got them. Parts were from Syracuse,NY and ordered Friday morning and were delivered FEDEX ground this morning. Fastest processing and delivery I've seen yet! Yes the city of origin was only about 3.5 hours away.

Will install on the first warmer DECENT weather day we get here, been raining and cold for 4 days and next week does not look much better! 😞AND the Buick brakes have the priority to get done!

78 here today in alabamaaaaaaaa

15 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

78 here today in alabamaaaaaaaa

Green with ENVY! may hit low 60's between showers on Mon. and Tues. Got to get the brakes done on the Buick, the Journey's fog lamps will be quick as the splash pan is not there like most DJ's...and I prefer it that way!

I surely wish I had a garage to work inside of at my home☹️

6 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Green with ENVY! may hit low 60's between showers on Mon. and Tues. Got to get the brakes done on the Buick, the Journey's fog lamps will be quick as the splash pan is not there like most DJ's...and I prefer it that way!

that was my best Forrest Gump,imitation   LOL

I got home from worship services at 1:00 and changed clothes and "dove in" on doing the Buick's rear pads and rotors. Weather was fantastic sunny and 64*. Was just putting the first caliper back together around 2:30 and all of a sudden the sky went dark and thunder. then rain and then hail{small}, back to rain and then bright sunshine after about 20 minutes. Went and did the other side when I got done with the first RR corner and got done around 5:30. When the wife gets home from work with the '14 Journey and if the weather stays decent, I'll install the new fog lamp bulbs after "fishing out the broken bulb pieces from the left fog lamp housing.

The weather continued good Monday and today......BUT I did not, my back is paining badly again and the '14 is in use tonight and rain to come in for the remainder of the week.

The '13 is not ready yet, as my guy suspects the timing chain shifted on disassembly for the cam. It started and ran good, but threw a cam correlation code.He did not tell me the code number.

And is way behind in other work right now that also HAS to get done. Wife wants HER CAR back but she has the '14 and my Buick is now but to par, so we are not in a "hurt" for wheels.

Will update when all is back to normal. 

Going to pick up the 13RT of the wife's today....was a funky exhaust cam sensor from removing them o safely remove the valve cover. 

I guess one needs to be "prepared" either way of valve cover removal on that firewall side has a lot of stuff there and little room. This I know as I did VC gaskets on the '14 last summer!

My back is much less pained today and will probably feel even better after my wallet gets "lightened" further from this repair bill!

$950 total bill to him,, now for tires . 

Wife will be satisfied having it back, but I'm finding more to be done that I'm going to have to do myself. for cost reasons. it just does not handle/brake like the other 2 Journeys that I've become quite familiar with.

RHAT the wife will NOT be happy about! more $$ into cars and NOT elsewhere!

i use discount tire for yrs ,i just seen where they bought out tire rack or at least that is what they are saying, i use to order on line when they didnt have a store in our state and that way i didnt have to pay sales tax and also you need to wait for a holiday as they always run great sales during the holidays and then id take them to our local Walmart to have them mounted and if you buy their tire warranties they are great to work with and they replace them with no argument, my grandsons is really rough 

on his tires with chuck holes and they have replaced 3 different tires ( MICHELIN )for free and all you do is pay for the new tires warranty which is around 20-30 depending on how expensive the tire is

I'm waiting for another customer of my friend's shop who has a set of 4 almost new tires for 19" DJ's that he is trying to sell .Both my friend and I talked to that person today and said we want to see them first BEFORE talking price. I did tell him I could get  NEW {as was posted to me on this thread}at $110. each. He is going to try and get them to my friend's shop ASAP.

Not saying you should but.... 20" tires are usually easier and cheaper compared to 19" tires. At least what from what I have found. Might be a good way to get the misses on-board with some new wheels lol

On 4/13/2024 at 4:40 PM, 5rebel9 said:

When we decided to move to Texas now almost 2 years ago I said my ONLY requirement is a 2 car garage, doesn't have to be huge but big enough I can park the caddy and 1 other. The caddy is 18.5 feet so needless to say it fits snug in my garage. Not allotment of room for error when parking it.

That said the garage is mine so the dodge and caddy park inside the garage. Luckily the wife agrees since have too much invested in them. 

Edited by Locosiete
add info

7 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

When we decided to move to Texas now almost 2 years ago I said my ONLY requirement is a 2 car garage, doesn't have to be huge but big enough I can park the caddy and 1 other. The caddy is 18.5 feet so needless to say it fits snug in my garage. Not allotment of room for error when parking it.

That said the garage is mine so the dodge and caddy park inside the garage. Luckily the wife agrees since have too much invested in them. 

I would have to go out and measure, but I think the Lucerne of mine is not much shorter than your "CADDY"! I spent the winter driving the '14 and had almost forgotten how nice the ride is in the Lucerne, it's NOT the air ride "special" with the 4.9  v8 but has the rear load leveling air shocks. Ride is great in the Lucerne, but not meant for utility purposes without hooking up my trailer to it and then a royal pain maneuvering as the combo is sooo long!  The wife's rt with hitch is so much nicer for using the trailer!

So YES an adequate size garage with high enough ceiling{12-14' high} for a surface mount 2 post hoist is MY DREAM. I've lost out on a low rise and 2  2 post hoists because no enclosed area for them over the last few years!!!!!!

Great hearing from you, been a while!

23 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

I would have to go out and measure, but I think the Lucerne of mine is not much shorter than your "CADDY"! I spent the winter driving the '14 and had almost forgotten how nice the ride is in the Lucerne, it's NOT the air ride "special" with the 4.9  v8 but has the rear load leveling air shocks. Ride is great in the Lucerne, but not meant for utility purposes without hooking up my trailer to it and then a royal pain maneuvering as the combo is sooo long!  The wife's rt with hitch is so much nicer for using the trailer!

So YES an adequate size garage with high enough ceiling{12-14' high} for a surface mount 2 post hoist is MY DREAM. I've lost out on a low rise and 2  2 post hoists because no enclosed area for them over the last few years!!!!!!

Great hearing from you, been a while!

Ya I've been around just working and relaxing. Nothing new with cars. Just enjoying them for now.