P0706 Transmission Range Sensor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the previous help.

I have 2019 Dodge Journey SE. When started, the reverse camera comes on and the dash shows "R" and message "Vehicle not in park" This started just few days ago.

Once i put it in drive, it will work normal until I park it again. Furthermore, the first gear is very very slow. its makes the engine sounds like you are force it to work.

I pulled code of P0706, P0731, P1790. I pretty sure P0706 will fix all the other codes.

Does anyone knows the location of the Transmission range sensor ? on 2019 dodge journey.

i googled this from your question.......  Transmission range sensor ? on 2019 dodge journey.= also you might want to try this on you tube as well

Depending on the car in question, the Transmission Range Sensor may often be referred to as the neutral safety switch or PRNDL (Park-Reverse-Neutral-Drive-Low) input and can be found outside the transmission box or on the valve body.

I assume that you are talking about the 6-speed 62TE transmission.  The range sensor is located inside the transmission near the valve body.  Per the service manual you have to pull the valve body to access it.  You can find plenty of Youtube videos that show how to pull the valve body from a 62TE.

7 minutes ago, tsteves5 said:

I assume that you are talking about the 6-speed 62TE transmission.  The range sensor is located inside the transmission near the valve body.  Per the service manual you have to pull the valve body to access it.  You can find plenty of Youtube videos that show how to pull the valve body from a 62TE.

I have 2.4LT

are you saying this is not and easy fix? I pray this 2.4l is not going to be inside the transmission

12 minutes ago, azontodance said:

I have 2.4LT

are you saying this is not and easy fix? I pray this 2.4l is not going to be inside the transmission

if you have the 2.4 then you dont have the 62te transmission ( 6 speed),,,,you have the 4 speed trans    also what is your miles on this journey this part may be covered under the Power train 5 yr 60 k warranty

2 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

if you have the 2.4 then you dont have the 62te transmission ( 6 speed),,,,you have the 4 speed trans    also what is your miles on this journey this part may be covered under the Power train 5 yr 60 k warranty

my mileage is over 68k

DO you know which part number might be related to my own transmission range sensor

i typed in 20119 journey 2.4 eng where is the trans range sensor located and this came up on fix ya site.................

SOURCE: 2002 dodge stratus 2door coupe 2.4 engine automatic transmission. Pulled code p0705 which is transmission range sensor. Where is the transmission range sensor located on this car and is this a easy f

The range sensor or neutral safety switch as some call it is mounted on the outside of the transmission where the shift cable post is located, the sensor goes over the post. See picture below.

1 minute ago, azontodance said:

my mileage is over 68k

DO you know which part number might be related to my own transmission range sensor

have no idea you can find that out on a mopar site or call your local dealership tomorrow,,,of course thius may NOT fix your problem as we are all guessing on what you are asking without a diagnostic from a transmission shop or dealership you are just guessing good luck

Your having lots of weird low milage issues that aren’t that common. Was this a flood vehicle.  Search the Mopar sites, or Rockauto.

https://parts.motorcitychrysler.ca/

Purge valve is an emissions part, usually it has the longest warranty on vehicles , 8 ish years by federal regulations. Flood car probably no warranty.

Edited by John/Horace

On 1/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, 2late4u said:

i typed in 20119 journey 2.4 eng where is the trans range sensor located and this came up on fix ya site.................

SOURCE: 2002 dodge stratus 2door coupe 2.4 engine automatic transmission. Pulled code p0705 which is transmission range sensor. Where is the transmission range sensor located on this car and is this a easy f

The range sensor or neutral safety switch as some call it is mounted on the outside of the transmission where the shift cable post is located, the sensor goes over the post. See picture below.

I just found out my TRS is located inside my transmission oil pan.

Strange!!! 

20230127_193119.jpg

20230127_193214.jpg

1 minute ago, Locosiete said:

Well i am no expert but looks like it is unplugged... there's your problem ? ? ? 

???????????

I unplugged it to show you guys the sensor. U can identify it by looking at the plugs.  The other side of the sensor is inside the tranny pan.