Transmission Failure?

JustDodge

Alrighty so In the last week or so I’ve experienced an issue within my 12 journey 3.6. Where the transmission is acting strange when it comes to shifting. I could be driving and the trans seems fine then suddenly when I accelerate it’ll be stuck in gear and won’t downshift to give me accelerating power. It does briefly shift gears again after I’ve come to a stop but it’ll shift a bit clunky or hesitate on which gear to use. I’ve found it best to just drive it in auto stick to where I control the gears but whose trying to do that??? I have issue previously where the transmission would shift fine but it constantly had to rev the engine out to give decent power. I’m not sure if the issues are related but does anyone have a clue. I’ve checked the transmission fluid. It’s in good condition. But here’s a link to a video I recorded 

2 minutes ago, JustDodge said:

Alrighty so In the last week or so I’ve experienced an issue within my 12 journey 3.6. Where the transmission is acting strange when it comes to shifting. I could be driving and the trans seems fine then suddenly when I accelerate it’ll be stuck in gear and won’t downshift to give me accelerating power. It does briefly shift gears again after I’ve come to a stop but it’ll shift a bit clunky or hesitate on which gear to use. I’ve found it best to just drive it in auto stick to where I control the gears but whose trying to do that??? I have issue previously where the transmission would shift fine but it constantly had to rev the engine out to give decent power. I’m not sure if the issues are related but does anyone have a clue. I’ve checked the transmission fluid. It’s in good condition. But here’s a link to a video I recorded 

so what are your codes showing since you have the check engine light on? also have you done the 100k transmission service?looks like you have around 140 k as of now, sounds like a trip to the transmission shop might be in order,good luck and report back on what you find out to be your problem

3 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

so what are your codes showing since you have the check engine light on? also have you done the 100k transmission service?looks like you have around 140 k as of now, sounds like a trip to the transmission shop might be in order,good luck and report back on what you find out to be your problem

The engine light from a issue with the fan. It doesn’t show a code about a issue with the transmission. I went to my preferred auto shop but they’re not able to look at until Wednesday 

So you actually RESCANNED for codes since this trans problem ocurred and no other codes than for your fan issue? IF NOT, I suggest you have it scanned again and post any and all codes by their format number and NOT by descrpyion. My wild guess is a stuck/malfunctioning TCC SOLENOID (torque converter clutch). Not a large job, but one needs a little experience wporking inside the trannie ( does not need trans removal to do). BUT I also suggest filter and oil change for the transmission.

5 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

So you actually RESCANNED for codes since this trans problem ocurred and no other codes than for your fan issue? IF NOT, I suggest you have it scanned again and post any and all codes by their format number and NOT by descrpyion. My wild guess is a stuck/malfunctioning TCC SOLENOID (torque converter clutch). Not a large job, but one needs a little experience wporking inside the trannie ( does not need trans removal to do). BUT I also suggest filter and oil change for the transmission.

Yeah, only code that shows it p0480 which was control circuit malfunction . I just checked the fluid and filter not even 3 days ago and everything was good and I’ve  drove it once(seen in video) since then. At first it was an issue with it slipping as I’ve made a post on previously, but it’s like now you don’t even tell it’s slipping you feel it shift hesitantly or not shift at all. But I just decided to leave it alone and wait until I can take it to a shop to further look at it. Looks like its not a issue I can fix myself :(

21 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Okay after form passed I rescanned and it did pop up code p06de pcm… so that probably can explain why it was stuck between in gear between 1k-3k rpm