Transmission or a engine issue???

JustDodge

I have a 2012 Journey with the 3.6L. I seem to be experiencing this issue where it’s like a loss in power. When I need or demand power, it’s like the transmission will send the car into its higher gear and rev the engine out. Even with it doing that it still feels  sluggish. My mom has a 17 with 3.6 but her just has power on tap. I have to bury my foot and let the engine rev out to get power that’s often found in the lower power and of the 3.6 Journey. Not sure if the trans has been tuned over the years or if it’s because it has almost 150k miles. Does anyone have and clue or understanding what this may be???

clean off your oil dipstick and insert it into the trans fill hole to see the level and color of your trans fluid  ( should be pink or red if dark or burnt looking it will be brownish looking), youtube can give you the measurements on how to mark the oil dipstick to check the trans fluid level, but yes it sounds like the trans is slipping, you are 50 k over the recommended trans service and probally the same on the sparkplugs ( 100k) which could be part of your problem along with the coolant serace change (120  k) as well