2018 2.4L P0420, P0133

so occasionally would notice RPMs revving to 4000 when hitting 60. Would have to let off the gas for it to go into gear . This only happened once or so a week max and only once when starting to drive. 2 weeks ago (1100 miles from home) it started revving at all speeds had almost no acceleration would not go up hill. Got codes p0420, p0133. I got new battery as it was bad, new sparkplugs, did cataclense and check engine light went off and I was able to make it from Denver to Lubbock with no problems. In Lubbock the revving issue came back and car would not go over 50 flat, 45 hills. I did cataclense again and limped the remaining 750 miles to Rockport. We changed the catalytic converter and O2 sensors. I am still having issues. I can get to 70 but mpg is 12-16  and still revving when changing gears. I am still throwing p0133. Transmission fluid nice and pink, no obvious exhaust leaks detected. I have to leave for a 2k road trip to new job tomorrow or next day. What can I do next ? Would hew TPS or cleaning the MAF help?

sounds more like your trans is slipping to me, my old truck as long as i drove it real easy it would shift good, but if i got into it hard it wouldn't shift into 4 till i let up,,,also which eng do you have sounds like the 2.4....better rent you a car for the trip till you have it checked out..dealership would only cost you 100-150 for the dig to see what they said is wrong you have already spent that much with the part shotgun approach  plus how many miles on it? you might still have the powertrain warranty left 5 yrs 60 k i believe

Edited by 2late4u

Remove the hose from the air filter to Throttle body at the air filter, start the engine and block the opening of the hose with your hands,  engine should shut off if you do not have a intake manifold leak, if test pass, I would check the compression of every cylinder, Harbor Freight has a inexpensive kit to do it.

I have some nightmare issue that I fixed more that a year ago, it was a small intake manifold leak, but you are no having same codes as mine, see it below

P2173