Heating

Christinac1979

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. Started having issues with my heat where the left vent is blowing warm air and the air coming from the vents gets significantly cooler as you go to the passenger side. Recently, no matter what setting I have the heat set to (front defrost, front vents, feet vents) it will only come out the front vents unless I completely close them, and strictly cold air out of the feet vents. Anyone else have this problem? I live in Ontario so there have been some very cold drives this winter!

Edited by Christinac1979

MANY  threads to be read here of same problem and how to fix. Short answer is faulty control actuators for position ing of where airflow is directed, and same part # for blend of temp actuator. Along with possible stuck open thermostat in enginge if gage does not get to "normal" operating temp.

Do some reading for your heating problem on the forum here, GOOD LUCK!

5 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

MANY  threads to be read here of same problem and how to fix. Short answer is faulty control actuators for position ing of where airflow is directed, and same part # for blend of temp actuator. Along with possible stuck open thermostat in enginge if gage does not get to "normal" operating temp.

Do some reading for your heating problem on the forum here, GOOD LUCK!

proper coolant Temp is 197-203 degrees in the info system also eng coolant needle on the dash gage should be straight up and down in the middle between cold and hot