Hello from Tennessee!

rickymusicman

I just purchased a 2017 Journey on Sept. 6 and it has been in the shop twice since then. The first was a wheel sensor. and now they say the transmission is shot at 32,000 miles??!!

Before it quit running, the throttle position sensor , traction control, and the service engine soon lights came on. Is this an indication of a transmission problem???

This is my 3rd Journey and have had no issues prior.

Sorry to hear of your concern, but welcome aboard the forum!

What yrs/engines did you have prior to this one and with "no issues" from them, how did you acquire this current ride, from a Dodge DEALER or independent used lot?

YES some engine/drivetrain codes can denote a trans problem. BUT not enough info given to offer much insight or help.

thoes problems dont indicate a  trans problem, i hope your ext. warranty covers your trans replacement  as well as it should. i had a 2011 3,6 with no major problems and ran it till 70 k, before i traded it in on my my 2014 crossroad and i have 120 k on this one i did buy the max lifetime warranty on it and i have had to use it twice so far once for a oil pressure sensor that went bad and then my back up cam went bad, so other than that i am totally happy with mine ...by the way welcome to the group....  P.S. i actually had a front wheel sensor go bad as well and i was having some service work done and they fixed it with a new for $60 parts and labor

Edited by 2late4u

That’s great it’s running now.   Must be a slow leak some where. Cooling lines most common source of leaks. Could only be a drip but loss is cumulative. If warranty push for root cause of problem.  Is it a 4 or 6 speed tranny. No dipstick makes 6 leaks more critical to fix properly. Oil doesn’t evaporate.

3 hours ago, rickymusicman said:

They flushed the transmission and drove it for 50 miles and no issues. They said the fluid was low and the torque converter wasn't getting enough fluid therefore it would stall out!

you should still have the remainder power train warranty 5yr /60k    you may want to check into an extended warranty, as these transmission get expensive to replace if not taken care of good luck, here are a few sites to check out before asking your loacl dealership............... https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx..........https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com/free-quote-test/

Edited by 2late4u

• 1 month later...

Okay people!!

My Journey is back in the shop again!!! This is the 4th time since purchased on Sept. 6th 2021. I do believe that the Factory is being called into check out why it keeps dying, stalling, stuttering.

Technicians are baffled and I think I have a lemon on my hands!!!!!!!!!!! 

Was told by the General Mgr. that if it can't be figured out, he would change out vehicle with similar vehicle!!

What started out as a wheel sensor turned out to be a wheel hub. Then it went to a MAP sensor. Then to a Mass air flow sensor etc. etc.