Chugging

grimmrob

Hi I'm new to the forum but I have a 2010 dodge journey sxt 3.5 motor and the problem I am having is when I get up to speed about 40 to 65 my journey chugs like it is loosing gas I jave replaced throttle body battery alternator coils and plugs o2 sensors cleaned all battery terminals and every other ones and it still chugs hook it up to a scanner and nothing seems to come up besides fuel rich but thays caused by the o2 sensors that were just replaced someone help me please cause I'm aboit to throw in the towel

Under the conditions you post, I would be looking at the EGR Valve and piping.

If I understand your post you are watching "live data" from the scanner, and NOT getting a CEL or codes?

Also did you make sure there were no exhaust system leaks(cracks) between the upstream and downstream sensors?

Edited by 5rebel9

It's times like these when it may be beneficial to have the problem diagnosed by a trusted garage. Even though the fee is usually around $100.00, you have already spent that in time, materials, and frustration. You don't have to have the repairs done there.

As far as fuel rich and chugging, there are so many different things that can throw the balance off. You may have a gasket leak, a spark issue, a sensor problem, or an impeded or leaking  exhaust. You've already hit the easy stuff that I would have suggested first. I say cut your losses and have a shop give it a first hand look.

Edited by Summer Solstice