Battery replacement

Hello. Wanted to share my battery replacement experience on my 2018 Journey. Battery was 3 years old and failed to start the car about once a week usually on a Monday morning after not being used over weekend. Thought it might be a parasitic drain so I checked for that and found only short term drain so I replaced the battery with a DieHard Group size 75/86 650 CCA. From Advance Auto even though the size chart said it would not fit it fit perfectly . It had 650 CCA compared to the recommended battery only having 525 CCA. It’s been in the car for 6 months now and is working great in both hot and cold weather. Thought this might be helpful to some of you. 

E9270816-2875-490B-857F-1C488FD2C7EB.jpeg

6D48BEEF-6471-44E9-97ED-901B9DF368D6.jpeg

B0AB6608-3F7A-4144-8787-F79E71D86CAE.jpeg

Over the weekend I replaced my battery.  During the week, starting the car to go to work, it started up VERY weak.  I knew something was going on.  After work, for the ride home, same thing but this time the check engine light came on.  I wasn't able to get anywhere that evening to read the code.  Next morning, it would not start.  All electrical would work, but it would not crank over when pressing the button.

I couldn't get too mad as this was my own fault.  Its a 2014 and the battery was still original.  I was all set to replace it last fall due to age, but never did.  This Spring I had priced up a new battery and even sprayed the terminals and mount with penetrating oil to prepare for the change, but again, did not pull the trigger.

As expected, after the battery was replaced, the car started right up.  I hope there is not an underlying issue of a drain or charging problem.  Time will tell.  Regardless that battery had to be replaced.

I went with a Deka Ultimate 786MF battery, $120.00.  (Deka Premium battery is all that is needed, but they were out of stock.)  Deka has performed well in the boat so I figured I'd give them a try in the car.

IMG_0267.thumb.JPG.6d8ff3a1a5b69d98948c45e665f94e7e.JPGIMG_0266.thumb.JPG.eb3a594baf4a3f5fde1ef18c7bfe1f67.JPG

Your symptoms with a dead battery is the same that I had. The vehicle was new enough that it was still under dealer warranty otherwise I would have replaced it with a DECA. I have had excellent results with them also. In fact, I have one sitting in an unheated garage that still has a charge after 3 years. Time to put it on the trickle charger.

Good luck and thanks for the write up.