Aftermarket Parts

Good morning to everybody

A couple of years ago I bought a Dodge Journey with 40k miles and my mechanic has told me that it is time to change some suspension parts.

The problem is that I live in South America, and in my country there is only one distributor of the Dodge brand, and the prices it charges for Mopar parts are totally exaggerated (I suppose because it has the "monopoly"). This company charges so much for parts that it is not even worth owning a Dodge in my country (much more expensive than the parts for my other car, a Mercedes Benz).

So, I want to ask you which aftermarket replacement brands you trust: Detroit Axle? Moog? Sensen? Other?

I would appreciate if you could tell me about your experiences or opinions of these or other brands.

Thank you. Your help will allow me to continue enjoying my Dodge Journey, and not have to think about selling it.

I've personally had inconsistent experiences with aftermarket suspension parts on other vehicles.  Sometimes they work out great, other times they seem to fail early.  I've had the most trouble with aftermarket rubber parts like seals and steering rack bellows not lasting long compared to OEM parts.  If there is a large price difference between OEM and aftermarket, I still usually try the aftermarket first.

Edited by tsteves5

Joke:
Embrace the dodge part of owning a dodge product; let those shocks go, and enjoy the pillowy smooth ride and exaggerated bodyroll. 

serious:

Aftermarket? yes I'd go that route. Anything, as long as it's not some no-name china knockoff. just google the manufacture for reviews. I'd not get Mopar, as honestly my option is the car is simply not worth the inflated costs. Of course, my opinion of the Journey may be different from yours.

Detroit Axle is good, literally their HQ is down the road from where I work. There's a reason they're located in detroit- because they supply parts to the OEMS here.

Moog (Federal Mogul) is good too. Their HQ is in metro detroit too. Same story as before, they keep their HQ in detroit, because they have tight relations with the big-three. Their HQ is closest to FCA's global HQ so i'm assuming they are pretty tight. They might be cheaper to source than Detroit Axle, as they have manufacturing in Poland (I used to sell industrial equipment to them).
Sensen, I'm not familiar with them. reddit seems pretty love-to-hate, so I'd avoid it for life-sensitive components, (like struts, rotors, or brake parts) their HQ is in China, and so is much of their global manufacturing.

Edited by NavalLacrosse