Issues after trans solenoid pack replacement.

So I have a 2012 and I recently had an issue where it would not shift out of 1st.

A code popped up (p0750) So I replaced the trans control solenoid. Car shifted into all gears now but I was concerned about the dark brown fluid.

So I ran to the local lube shop and had them flush the trans with 12qts. Took the car and it shifted as smooth as can be through all gears.

Its now 4 days later and I get 2 codes(P0731 gear 1 incorrect ratio P0846 trans fluid pressure sensor/switch n circuit range/performance)

Along with the codes it seems to slip a bit and jerk going into 2nd and then slam into 1st from 2nd when coming to a stop. I know that flushing the old fluid can cause slipping but I

can think of anything else it could be besides that. I don't wanna get the trans rebuilt or replaced if its something I can fix at home. 

So if anyone has had this issue or knows what I can check I would appreciate the help. If you need more info or questions answered..let me know. Thanks!

The 62te trans is an "adaptive learn" programming type. With what you had done you need a good scanner that can go into the trans/ and can/bus and reset trans pressure readings to base settings. 

This may not be the "total fix" for your problem, but is a recommended thing to have done after solenoid pack or fluid changes.

Thanks rebel...I will get that looked at asap.

Also a little update..I went out to double check my work, make sure everything was plugged in right and if I had messed anything up.

I pulled the rpm sensor to make sure the contacts were good and I didn't crack it or anything then popped it back in, cleared the codes and took it for a test drive.

It performed just fine till I got to the second block and I felt a jerk and now I am back to the original problem I had before these new issues.

It will no longer shift out of first but it don't feel like its slipping anymore.

Edited by TheHammer85

2 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

The 62te trans is an "adaptive learn" programming type. With what you had done you need a good scanner that can go into the trans/ and can/bus and reset trans pressure readings to base settings. 

This may not be the "total fix" for your problem, but is a recommended thing to have done after solenoid pack or fluid changes.

So I just realized you said "62te" and I understand thats the one that come in my year DJ but I believe I have the 41te. Does your advice still stand for the 41?

3 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

So you have the 2.4 motor? I thought(but not sure) by the 2012 model both had the 6 speed 62te. I haven't played with the 4 sp.

But the same level scanner would pick up on gear line pressures.

Yes and I checked the vin online and it shows the 2.4 L4

8 hours ago, TheHammer85 said:

Yes and I checked the vin online and it shows the 2.4 L4

when i google 2.4  L 4 it comes up as a general motors engine.....                  

1. The 2012 Dodge Journey SE is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 173 horsepower and 166 pound-feet of torque. A four-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are...

Edited by 2late4u

Well I CAN tell you that the the 2.4 motor is NOT a GM unit.

I'm active on a couple other Dodge model forums. From posts there, The 4 sp. trans does have some issues that say solenoid pack replacement..... that does not fix the problem. there are one or two other solenoids inside the trans that require dropping out the valve body and some there have also reported that mechanicals to the valve body have failed. MY suggestion is to have a good trans. shop diagnose/ inspect the car and you proceed from there.

49 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Well I CAN tell you that the the 2.4 motor is NOT a GM unit.

I'm active on a couple other Dodge model forums. From posts there, The 4 sp. trans does have some issues that say solenoid pack replacement..... that does not fix the problem. there are one or two other solenoids inside the trans that require dropping out the valve body and some there have also reported that mechanicals to the valve body have failed. MY suggestion is to have a good trans. shop diagnose/ inspect the car and you proceed from there.

i didnt say the dodge 2.4 engine was a gm the original poster said the 2.4 L 4 is what he has it IF you google that number it comes up as a general motors engine ( GM 2.4 Liter I4 Ecotec LEA Engine ) that said a  dodge 2.4 L 4 tiger shark engine does come up as well and it is used with the 4 spd trans not the 6 spd that the 3.6 uses

Edited by 2late4u

When 
googling" one MUST keep in view of the year/type generation of components to what they have and are looking up info about.

The engine/trans available for the Journey(08 - 14) are the same as those offered in the Avenger/200/Sebring of same years.

YES there were other manufacturers that made 2.4 sized motors, but that definitely does not mean they are the same motors.

And good example as you posted of the Tiger shark motor, the cylinder head is totally redesigned from earlier year with intake and exhaust being "switched" in position and the "Shark" motor  is a Fiat design.

Edited by 5rebel9

1 hour ago, 5rebel9 said:

When 
googling" one MUST keep in view of the year/type generation of components to what they have and are looking up info about.

The engine/trans available for the Journey(08 - 14) are the same as those offered in the Avenger/200/Sebring of same years.

YES there were other manufacturers that made 2.4 sized motors, but that definitely does not mean they are the same motors.

And good example as you posted of the Tiger shark motor, the cylinder head is totally redesigned from earlier year with intake and exhaust being "switched" in position and the "Shark" motor  is a Fiat design.

sorry for the mistake, as everyone can make one even you.......So you have the 2.4 motor? I thought(but not sure) by the 2012 model both had the 6 speed 62te. I haven't played with the 4 sp...... as i said sorry for the misinformation

Yup, we all make mistakes. AND why it has been posted by members of every one of the forums that I participate on that OP's need to include certain info(like engine size and trans) along with year of vehicle  about to be discussed. This I've noted by a number of members even here being asked for as required info on membership info. Yet all(forums) say that this is not possible. Year and trim level can leave some things in question.

Sorry guys for the confusion...This is from the vin info.

I put L4 but its I4.

Manufacturer:

Chrysler Mexico   Chrysler Mexico

Brand:

Jeep

Model:

Journey

Engine:

2.4L I4

Region/Plant:

Toluca Mexico

Check:

Year:

Sequential number:

• 3 weeks later...

So a little update....

Ive done nothing else to it and I took it out of the driveway to move another car in and I noticed it was working as normal.

So I took it to go get parts for my denali and it worked beautifully! Then 7 days later..it messed up again. 

Why would it work fine for a week? Electrical issue? Ecu on the way out?

Okay, well welcome back. Sorry you're still having problems. Was re reading your "saga", first off a FLUSH is the last thing you want to do. more troubles happen from this alone. Next did they even drop the trans pan and replace the filter? If not, that's about the only thing you can do without a good clean work area for valve body removal(also involves dropping the trans pan). When you DIY don't cheap out and do just a specific part, replace related "consumables" like filter and make sure to use ATF+4.

well I didnt see no mention of miles but on  a 2012 dark fluid, and  then a flush, only good thing i can point out at least a trans job on the old 4 spd isn't that bad, the last one on a caravan 4 spd was around $1300...have you taken to a transmission shop to  see what they think is wrong with it? like 5reble9 mentioned maybe changing the filter and new fluid might help try that before replacing anything else..... i mean changing ecu and throwing other parts to it is going to get expensive, might as well get it redone if you think the journey is worth it,,,,,good luck and report back on what you find out

• 1 month later...

Ok guys im back.:banghead:

So we took the journey to a trans shop and they said it seems like a weak battery. So we got a new one. Same issue.

So we took it back to the shop.They went over it again for free. This time they said the issue is the ecu. Got a new one...installed it 3 days ago and today...the same damn issue!Same code (p0750).

Idk guys..Ive hit a wall with this thing.

The most BASIC and cheapest thing you can do is to drop the trans pan and look for debris from the inner guts of the trans lying in the pan, if none then REPLACE the filter(if you have not done so yet) and refill the trans with approx. 4 quarts of ATF+4.

ALSO ... How many miles on this DJ?

still no mention of miles ,but doing a flush like posted before was the worst thing you can do to a non maintained trans, have always herd that will make the trans go bad quicker due to all  the new fluid , have a feeling a rebuilt trans is in your future

12 minutes ago, TheHammer85 said:

140.xxx miles

The lube tech said there was little to nothing in the way of metal when it was being flushed. I know that don't mean there isn't any in the pan though.

So, am I correct in assuming the trans pan has never been taken off and the filter changed?  Even the owners book recommends between 90 - 100 k miles.  On all the various "incarnations" of this trans, I prefer a 60k interval out in our very hilly area. It may be a little messy to do, but the pan and filter are not difficult to do.

Edited by 5rebel9

To be FAIR to the various "shops" you've gone to with this concern, I'll have to say you need to contact them and closely read your work invoice.

From the factory the pan is sealed with RTV and not a gasket as most aftermarket filter kits come with. I prefer using RTV instead of the gasket there. 

Look her, we've posted back and forth for some time and you've spent big money for what did not work and all I'm saying is to take the trans pan down and inspect for internal trans pieces laying in the pan AND if OK there to spend $80.00 in parts that will probably fix your concern. The filter is the pickup point for the trans oil to do it's job inside the trans. It is NOT there just as a lubricant.

You are messing with a 3500. reman trans job or 1500. USED trans job by NOT taking the pan down and being sure of what's going on. IF internal parts have failed, no amount of outside mounted parts will save it.