2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad

Nino292000

Hey everyone. I have a 15 crossroad. and at the current moment it has 153000 miles on it.  

Ive replaced the transmission already and solved the issue with the rear wiper and driver side window switch. on over all I am happy with my journey.  I am not a mechanic by profession but I have been working on cars for a long period of my life.  so all the work put in have been by my own hands. its not hard its more of common sense. look forward into interacting with you all.

Welcome to the site, great to have more strong diy guys on the car site.  I worked as a millwright mechanic for most of my working career, so car repairs became one of my hobbies in retirement.

My wife’s 2014 awd  still has the original tranny with 200k kilometres, and a few oil changes. Fingers crossed. They are a clunky shifting tranny most of the time, the 6 speed.

You mentioned wiper, is that the wire harness through the hatch wires breaking ?

Driver door window switch is just a swap out , correct. Has surfaced a few times here.

Anyway, welcome.

Thank you. The rear wiper, yes it’s the harness and same for the window switch. The fix is quite simple. Either replace the harness or solder it back in place. I think it’s easier to replace the harness. I solder mine back together and it took me longer doing it so. As for the tranny. I have the 4 speed. It’s been around since 1988. Dodge continues to use it today. 

Edited by Nino292000

The last four speed standing, more or less.  Sometimes simple is good.  Daughter in law has a 2012 journey 4 speed, with just over 60k miles in it, I have driven it a bit, seems to work fine. Could use more gears, but is actually less clunky than the 6 speed. 

Heat shrink and solder is time consuming, but a good permanent fix IMO. 

The tranny was good, responsive and effective.  Im assuming it was the original and it gave out @ 153k miles.  I installed a similar one with 12k miles it took a few days for the computer to relearn the tranny. but it runs pretty great. 

as for the soldering. all you need is patience. 

Now im going tp swap the crankshaft sensor. good luck to me. I don't have a scanner to re learn it.  

Patience and the right electronic flux and solder, and a nice butane solder torch.

Daughter in law had her 2.4 sensor changed last year. Car randomly stalling out. I’m 4 hrs away so couldn’t help. Local FCA dealer is actually pretty good, I think labor only 0.5 hr. 

I have changed several CPS sensors on a variety of brands, have never had to do a relearn.

There is a manual relearn procedure someone posted on this site. Seven or eight steps.

I would pay a little xtra for the oem factory sensor, pretty important part.

This guy changed CPS , several cam sensors etc without a scanner or relearn.

Edited by John/Horace