Apple CarPlay suggestions

1 minute ago, Jim B n Texas said:

Miguel,

My Eng Custom Apple CarPlay is working great. I hooked up the mfg microphone and it works great also. It almost has to be a cable issue. The chances that you could receive two interfaces that are buggy is low.

Jim B

I think the same as well.

Let's see the result.

Their support is good. I know other users with the Journey don't have any issues.

I wish I could see that it was on my side, so I could have it fixed fast.

27 minutes ago, jro1986 said:

Still waiting for the replacement cables?

Hello:

Still waiting.

They told me they're doing some test/experiments with an actual Journey they had access to. They said and quote: "try to do some changes so you can test".

So nothing shipped or firmware to test yet.

I'll wait, I guess.

One thing is true, even with the module factory reset, no Bluetooth pairings, still jumps back and forth in screens.

Some days stays quiet, other day like today, even a little turn of the wheel and changes.... today I gave up on listening to radio.

Again, this only happens with the module installed. without it nothing changes in any situation... since 2018.

Car was at dealership for service, they tested all steering connections and diagnosed and all clean.

I have AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+ and no errors as well.

A few more days and I'll just give up and remove it all together. Just trying to be patient with them as they, indeed, have been supportive as well.

I also acknowledge that I'm the only one complaining.

Edited by Miguel Pereira

24 minutes ago, Jim B n Texas said:

I assume that it was a dodge recall? My journey was at the dodge dealership for service about a month ago. I am sure they would have at least told me about it if not completed the recall. Have you completed the recall?

Yes.

You check any pending or done recalls in this website.

• 3 months later...

FINAL UPDATE!!! 

After new cables received, which I didn't use at all, and will be returning to them this happened:

3 weeks ago while driving, the left steering EVIC buttons stopped working. Worst, the phone button was the only working when I would press the right arrow :yup:. Then came back to normal hours later.

I decided to order new EVIC buttons and Cruise control as well... Changed them. Guessed?

The problem is gone permanently!

So to all who read this. The ENG-Custom kit is great and i had a lemon that was the EVIC buttons.

• 1 month later...
Am 17.3.2022 um 12:56 sagte jro1986:

Hey Miguel, nachdem ich mich erkundigt hatte, wie man Sprachbefehle in Google Maps unter CarPlay zum Laufen bringt, schickte mir der Typ von ENG-Custom auch dieses Bild und erklärte, dass ich das OEM-Mikrofon über diese Pins anschließen müsste ... Nachdem ich die Pins in die Kabelschnur gesteckt und die Einstellungen auf die Verwendung des OEM-Mikrofons geändert habe, kann ich bestätigen, dass es tatsächlich so funktioniert!

Was die Aktivierung der Rückfahrkamera betrifft, wenn das Auto rückwärts gefahren wird: Er schickte mir eine Update-Datei, die sie aktivieren sollte, aber bisher konnte ich sie nicht zum Laufen bringen ... Nur um sicherzugehen (und da ich es in dem von Ihnen geposteten Video nicht sehen konnte): Aktiviert sich die Rückfahrkameraansicht tatsächlich in Android Auto, wenn das Auto rückwärts gefahren wird? Oder müssten Sie zum UConnect-Menü zurückkehren?

Das Beste aus Deutschland

Joseph

Hallo, ich habe auch diese Schnittstelle für Fiat FREEMONT gekauft, und ich habe es installiert, bis auf das ursprüngliche Microfen alles ok, Meine Frage ist, wo gehen diese beiden Kabel genau? Müssen Sie die vorhandenen Drähte am Stecker trennen oder einfach parallel dazu löten???. Gruß

20 minutes ago, etakimi said:

Hallo, ich habe auch diese Schnittstelle für Fiat FREEMONT gekauft, und ich habe es installiert, bis auf das ursprüngliche Microfen alles ok, Meine Frage ist, wo gehen diese beiden Kabel genau? Müssen Sie die vorhandenen Drähte am Stecker trennen oder einfach parallel dazu löten???. Gruß

Being an English forum, You mean:

" Hello, I also bought this interface for Fiat FREEMONT and I installed it, everything is ok except for the original microfen, my question is where do these two cables go exactly? Do you need to separate the existing wires at the connector or just solder them in parallel???. greeting"

And the answer is: 

There's this black plug that comes from the Uconnect module and connects to the back of the radio.

Just grab the wires for OEM mic from the interface and plug them as the picture.

After you have to go to settings ON THE interface and select OEM mic.

large.OEMMicConnect.jpeg

Vor 9 Minuten sagte Miguel Pereira:

Da es sich um ein englisches Forum handelt, meinst du:

" Hallo, ich habe auch diese Schnittstelle für Fiat FREEMONT gekauft und ich habe sie installiert, alles ist in Ordnung bis auf das ursprüngliche Mikrofen, meine Frage ist, wo genau gehen diese beiden Kabel hin? Müssen Sie die vorhandenen Drähte am Stecker trennen oder einfach parallel löten???. Gruß"

Und die Antwort ist:

Es gibt diesen schwarzen Stecker, der vom Uconnect-Modul kommt und mit der Rückseite des Radios verbunden wird.

Schnappen Sie sich einfach die Drähte für OEM-Mikrofone von der Schnittstelle und stecken Sie sie als Bild ein.

Danach müssen Sie zu den Einstellungen AUF DER Schnittstelle gehen und OEM-Mikrofon auswählen.

groß. OEMMicConnect.jpeg

Hallo, danke für die Antwort, Das Problem ist, dass der auf dem Bild gezeigte Platz bereits von einem Stecker besetzt ist und ich nicht hineinkomme, was mache ich mit den Originaldrähten? Lassen Sie es einfach so, oder müssen sie überschnitten werden???. GRUß

43 minutes ago, etakimi said:

Hallo, danke für die Antwort, Das Problem ist, dass der auf dem Bild gezeigte Platz bereits von einem Stecker besetzt ist und ich nicht hineinkomme, was mache ich mit den Originaldrähten? Lassen Sie es einfach so, oder müssen sie überschnitten werden???. GRUß

Hi, I’ll also answer this in English so everyone can understand:

If you look closely at the picture, the original wires stay in place and you simple stick the connectors of the wires from the module into the gap above them… This way, both wires connect to the same contact!

I wish ENG-Custom had just included these instructions in the manual so I wouldn’t have had to risk breaking the airbag in the driver side console connecting the extra mic!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 3:31 PM, Miguel Pereira said:

Hello:

Ontario driver here too:

For Apple CarPlay/Android interface, to my best knowledge, there is only one, although sold by two different companies. It comes down to a matter of price.

Here's a video of it already installed and working. 

It can be purchased on Ali Express or Italy on this dealer

I'll buy it before summer as other members on Facebook Groups also purchased and I liked the videos as well.

Hey Miguel! I am ordering that one this month. Wish me luck!

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 6:12 AM, jkeaton said:

It's chinese. Buy with extreme prejudice. 

I bought it. Make sure you know what the headunit for your car looks like. If in doubt, order the version for Maserati Ghibli., and follow this video. It works, and you can get it at a decent price.