Grinding sound from the front end

Aries

I have 2015 Journey,  with a 2.4L. The only time you can hear it, is when I'm at a cruising speed. You don't hear the noise when you accelerate or de-accelerate, and or turn left or right.  I jacked up the car, and there's no play on the tire (grab it try to move it up and down, right and left). Transmission fluid is full, not burnt and shifts no problem,,,  and no vibration when I brake. I changed the front rotors and pads 5 mouths ago.  

grinding noise usually are brakes, if you done the frt 5 months ago and just now hearing the noise shouldn't be that sound travels sometimes check your rears as well, since  no mention on the miles... My daughters jeep wrangler rear brake pads wore out before the front ones at 30 k, and  fronts went bad around 60 k, also their was no sign of the brakes dragging or wearing funny just one of thoes things i guess,,,could be a bearing going bad but that is more of a whine than grinding...please report back on what you find out for others

8 hours ago, Aries said:

79,000 kms,,,,,,    it's definitely is coming from the front,,, I hear it if I'm driving 10 kms per hour and as well as 100 kph,,,, but I will check the rears too. Thanks.  

might have caught a rock or something between the frt pads that has caused some damage, could be a frt wheel bearing as well ..so you hear at low speeds as well as cruising speeds?check your alt, and belt tensioner bearings as well

Just my $ 0.02 

Wheel bearings to me seem more of a steady low hummmm noise when a constant cruising speed

Tensioner pulley / alternator pulley more of a ticking / grind  noise as bearings are moving around  - open the hood you will know where the noise is from immediately

Grinding sure sounds like brake parts, is there a chance you re- installed the brake pad clips backwards, been there and done that. The little tab is pointing towards the rotor and just rubbing it ? i heard a soft grind and noticed a fine line starting on the rotor, turned the clip around, problem went away. just something else to verify.

Just an update!!!               

Put my snow tires on,, and cleaned the front brakes,switched pads (dinner went outside,  and outers went inside)  cleaned the sliders,,    and so far so good. Went for a 1 HR drive,, and didn't hear anything.   Fingers crossed that, that is it,,,     I'll post again if noise comes back,,,   thanks everyone!!!! 

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Just an update!!!               

Put my snow tires on,, and cleaned the front brakes,switched pads (dinner went outside,  and outers went inside)  cleaned the sliders,,    and so far so good. Went for a 1 HR drive,, and didn't hear anything.   Fingers crossed that, that is it,,,     I'll post again if noise comes back,,,   thanks everyone!!!! 

i am confused when you say inners went outside and outers went inside,,,but glad you seemed to have fixed your problem

By re-assembling them to me means you corrected  an original assembly issue perhaps ?  I cant see simply how switching break pad positions making any difference alone, they don't have designated positions. Does not matter now, issue fixed, glad to hear it.

he said he replaced the brakes 5 months ago and then a few days ago they started making the grinding noise  ( After I did the brakes,, noise just started 3 days ago,, I'm going to check the brakes tomorrow) i would assume he had gotton a rock or something caught between the rotor and the pad to cause the noise after 4 3/4 months of normal braking without sound, who knows...LOL