Doors not locking

Hi I have 2011 dodge journey my doors not locking using the lock panel or my key. Or will not lock when I put the car in drive. So I checked the fuse that wasn't the issue. Can someone help me out on what the issue could be.

45 minutes ago, Nay82 said:

Hi I have 2011 dodge journey my doors not locking using the lock panel or my key. Or will not lock when I put the car in drive. So I checked the fuse that wasn't the issue. Can someone help me out on what the issue could be.

so is it all the doors? what about each door locking with the controls on that door or are you talking about the master control on the drivers door?does the hatch lock and lock with the out side button? are you also saying none of them will lock or unlock using the key fob? since you say the key doesn't work so that would only be for the drivers door,, if the key wont unlock the door then it is the lock itself  in that door,, a broke wire or fuse won't strop a key from working.,,,either a dealership or possible a glass repair shop could fix the door lock for you

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

so is it all the doors? what about each door locking with the controls on that door or are you talking about the master control on the drivers door?does the hatch lock and lock with the out side button? are you also saying none of them will lock or unlock using the key fob? since you say the key doesn't work so that would only be for the drivers door,, if the key wont unlock the door then it is the lock itself  in that door,, a broke wire or fuse won't strop a key from working.,,,either a dealership or possible a glass repair shop could fix the door lock for you

Yes its all doors aren't looking and yes the master control on both doors aren't looking the doors. And when I stated about the key far as looking the doors with my key remote its not locking the doors.

2 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

I'd start with checking for broken wires inside the rubber "boot" between the drivers door and the body of the car. Broken wires are easy to see and repair as they are color coded wires to "patch" back together.

Ok thank you 

and no the hatch isn't locking as well.

26 minutes ago, Nay82 said:

Yes its all doors aren't looking and yes the master control on both doors aren't looking the doors. And when I stated about the key far as looking the doors with my key remote its not locking the doors.

And no the 

What trim level is this Journey? Are you sure you checked all proper fuses? Does anything else not function? And was this a sudden total failure or were things going awry over time?

EDIT: How did you check the 40 amp maxi fuse? They are not the easiest to check, like the other blade style fuses. 

Edited by 5rebel9

sound like a fuse since both doors are inop with the key fob and manual controls, there also has to be  module that controls the lock/unlock of all the doors not sure what it would be called, more than that i would have to call in help from dealership or a garage.good luck and please report back on what you find out to be the problem

hope it isn't the TPIM module,,,,,,  also would check the drivers side door at the rubber boot for frayed wires causing a short and make sure you are checking the fuses correctly there are 2 fuse boxes on the journey one under the hood and one under the glove box behind the carpet a bitch to get to they say.good luck

Power door locks do not function

Power door locks that do not function are another common symptom for a problem with the door lock relay. If the power door lock relay fails, it will cut off power to the entire power door lock system and may cause them to not function correctly. For vehicles equipped with door lock cylinders, the door can still be opened using the key. However, vehicles without door lock cylinders will not be able to lock or unlock the doors until power is restored.

For vehicles with traditional style door lock cylinders and keys, a bad power door lock relay will merely disable the power door lock feature. For vehicles without door lock cylinders, however, this may make entering the vehicle difficult if not impossible if the doors cannot unlock due to a bad relay. If your power door lock system is having any issues, or you suspect that your relay may be having a problem, have the vehicle inspected by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine if your car needs a door lock relay replacement.

just read this on a dodge truck forum...are your windows responding when you push the buttons?

The driver's control panel controls everything else. If it dies, none work. Pop the plate off and make sure the connection is on firm. If so, you're probably looking at replacing it. It's always a good idea to check fuses though. I've troubleshooted a problem for hours before realizing it was just a blown 25 cent fuse.

I asked a service guy at a Dodge Dealer if it might be a fuse and he said it is not if the windows work which they do.

7 minutes ago, Nay82 said:

The guy at advancee auto  just looked at the fuse he didn't test it

Well, you started with the basics which is good. Now you have to be thorough. I've learned that a hairline crack, a little corrosion, or even rust can affect a fuse. On the flip side, there might be some corrosion on the fuse box itself that might not be letting it get a good current. See any white crap on there?  Don't do anything else until you are positive the fuse is good and you are getting a current to the switch. Otherwise you might be chasing a speculation. 

1 hour ago, Armando G said:

Well, you started with the basics which is good. Now you have to be thorough. I've learned that a hairline crack, a little corrosion, or even rust can affect a fuse. On the flip side, there might be some corrosion on the fuse box itself that might not be letting it get a good current. See any white crap on there?  Don't do anything else until you are positive the fuse is good and you are getting a current to the switch. Otherwise you might be chasing a speculation. 

Thank you so much will buy a fuse tester tomorrow 

7 hours ago, 2late4u said:

Yes all doors and hatch isn't locking either.