New to the Journey, NOT to Dodge/Chry

5rebel9

Howdy all, Nice to find a forum for this "new to me, but used 2011 journey AWD! Looking for tips and tricks to keep this high mileage beauty running like a top. I'm from Western NY and car came from Maryland...NO RUST ANYWHERE! Only 2 issues I've found is TPMS quirk and trans quirk that I think may involve the TSB 18-008-13.

Looking forward to reading thru the forum pages and chatting with members here. I participate on a number of forums that cover the different vehicles in my "stable". But this Journey is the newest year ride I've ever had, so the electronics/computerization is going to be my weak point.

See you all around the pages!    :)

welcome to the group, dont know what trans quirk you are talking about but the journeys  are prone to have a clunk now and then when going from park to drive or vice verses, and make some creaking noises going over speed bumps or uneven pot holes

Howdy, and thanks for the welcome!

To be "on point" to my main concern is the harsh shift points and "shuddering" shifting when coming to a stop. This was also a main concern with the first 3.6/six sp trans in the Dodge Avengers, there was a TSB for computer updates to "fix" it. Found here the mentioned TSB for Journeys. 

I've only had this vehicle for a week, and is well liked by all the family. Found that it has an open recall for steering column problem(possible) that I'm going to call our nearest dealer about and see if they can run my vin for any TSB's that may be needed for it or if they were done. When I get that accomplished, I'll report in on the appropriate forum page.

OOPS, I did my own much asked for complaint to posters of other forums I use....The Journey has 189K miles on it. Also it is a nice deep Red in color with the "Mainstreet" trim level, Easy access front doors, power drivers seat, push start ignition, smaller screen audio.

When I get some "words" on my concerns, I'll post what is happening on a proper page thread. BUT let's say normal "servicing" IS up to date as suggested.

Appreciate the response from you 2late4u !

WELCOME!
I've got the 2011 Crew
No issues on my, although i've only got some 90k miles.

The 2011's are known to eat brake pads and rotors. about every 30-50k miles you'll want to get them checked.

The PentaStar 3.6 from 2011 had the intake gasket issue, but with as high miles as yours it's probably a non-issue. If you start blowing smoke, it might be the LH intake gasket failure.

if there are any electrical gremlins, it's probably the battery starting to fail. (ex: if the radio volume starts to not respond proper, the wipers turn on randomly, or the fob detector says "Low fob battery" even after you change it" it might be time to change the battery (it's in the wheel well))

Welcome to the cult.

Edited by NavalLacrosse