Warranty Transfer

Outside Dog

I live in Pennsylvania, I bought a 2018 Journey Gt, from Michigan, paid in full, cash. It has about half or so of its manufacturer warranty left. I called to get it transferred, the lady said she just needed me to email her a photo of the registration. By the time the dealer and Michigan's State of Secretary did what they needed, (they were closed due to the pandemic), and sent me my Michigan enstated title, it was thirty days. By law, Michigan dealer has thirty days to send the title out. They didn't wait this long, it's just happened to take long because of the pandemic.  I immediately went to my notary, got it registered. They kept the Michigan title, that Michigan's State of Secretary sent to me, and sent it off to Pennsylvania's titling service, to have my name put on it, and sent me home with the registration. Today, I got the title in the mail, surprisingly, in only three days. Unfortunately, upon researching Mopars website about warranty information, it states that the new owner has thirty days from the date of buying the vehicle, to transfer the warranty. When I called to transfer the warranty, she said I needed to send her the registration. I sent it the day I came home with it, but, this was after thirty days. I'm really stressing that it's too late for me to transfer the warranty. I hope they work with me, and accept the documentation proof that I did not just sit on my sexy butt and wait more than thirty days before trying to transfer the warranty. I hope they understand that the time to do so, was not decided by me. Or, do you think they will say, your out of luck? I think the lady I spoke to, who told me she just needed a photo of my registration, would've told me I only had so many days left to do so. She asked for and took my Vin number and told me what was left on the warranty. Why didn't she want a photo of the title with my name on it? I'm really upset and could almost cry if I missed out on the warranty, being that it is a lot of the reason I chose to purchase the vehicle. I dont know what to do. I feel like I made a big mistake. Except, I didn't make any mistakes. Or did I? Has anyone ever bought a warranty covered vehicle and had to transfer the warranty? Can anyone offer me any insight before I call in the morning to see if she received my photo registration email? 

....worried single mom in p.a.

I think you will be OK.  With everything being closed due to COVID dates have been extended.  Here in Illinois I’m still driving a car who’s tags expired in June because we couldn’t get the emission test.  They said wait to September and start then.  You can call, it certainly won’t hurt, but I think you’ll be ok.

I see that I posted this in the wrong category. New to this. I called this morning to see if the lady received my emailed registration,  she said she had, but that it didn't matter, that the warranty was already updated/transferred, with my name and info! So that's great, a restless night for nothing, but with a great ending. Thanks Fred, for the given confidence. 

means you can buy without having to get it inspected today just pull out your checkbook...LOL if buying online a LOT cheaper than at the dealership,,,,when i bought mine from Zeigler he had a 100 discount at the time had to have a code think it was save100   might want to check different places and then call them and try to bargain a deal if you are ready to buy right away, i had never bought a warranty before but with engines and trans costing so much and me getting older i said what the hell it is the same as buying insurance youmight need it and maybe not its a crap shoot,,,,,JUST make sure who ever you buy from that it is a oem mopar warranty amd not a third party company

I just learned that there's third party offers....strange. I can't buy it tomo, bit I can and am going to in the next thirty days..Friday is first visit with the dealership, I hope there's no problems.. it was a wrecked journey. Got fixed up and sold. I bought it with cash I've been saving for a loooonnngggg time, and had the warranty transfered just recently. It's over due for an oil change.