I have a 2010 Dodge journey that will randomly beep it will be like one beep just random and it’s when my car has been off no windows are down no doors are open the car is locked but when it beeps my wiper blades jump so I know how many times it beeps throughout the night because my wiper blades will move with each beep. the previous owner had a aftermarket alarm system but I don’t use it I use the one that came with the car can someone give me any idea. It’s just one beep. Once in a while. 

Look for the aftermarket alarm under the dash and pull the main plug.

I think two systems are interfering with each other.  Hood has a small switch on passenger side fender  that is made when hood is closed.  Make sure it is being fully depressed. Could even check continuity on switch with multi meter. Shim it if needed.

Here is a general guide to car alarms that may help you locate components. The easiest way to disable the alarm is disconnecting the power source or a kill switch.

Perhaps it's worth taking to a local shop and having them disconnect it. It would be far quicker and likely not that costly.

https://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Car-Alarm

• 2 years later...
On 16/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Kblyk19 said:

I have a 2010 Dodge journey that will randomly beep it will be like one beep just random and it’s when my car has been off no windows are down no doors are open the car is locked but when it beeps my wiper blades jump so I know how many times it beeps throughout the night because my wiper blades will move with each beep. the previous owner had a aftermarket alarm system but I don’t use it I use the one that came with the car can someone give me any idea. It’s just one beep. Once in a while. 

HI, I Have the same problem with my 2009 journey and something wrong had killing the battery!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 6:41 PM, jose laprovitera said:

HI, I Have the same problem with my 2009 journey and something wrong had killing the battery!!

I have a similar problem, only my alarm doesn't work, key fob only starts the car, nothing else. The horn randomly blows more than once and even while driving. I installed a separate relay, horn button and after market horns. Tip: Everything runs through the TIPM.