Non communication with door module with a twist

I recently acquired a 2009 R/T that had a no communication with door module problem.  So no control of front windows, locks and mirrors from driver door.  I went through all of known checks and could not find a broken wire and even did the pull power, wait, and even pull fuse wait and replace without any fix.  So I went ahead and bought a new door module and to my dismay that didn't help.  I did notice something really odd though, when I opened the door, the radiator fan would come on and cycle every so often.

So I decided to go deeper into those wires going between the door and frame.  And voila, I found that it was not a broken wire, but the red-green wire had pulled out of the connector and was corroded.  Now I am at a loss as to how to get that part out so I can fix it.  Please see attached photo.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

2020-05-27 13.29.31.jpg

I can make up some bs for you if that will make you happy, but I never had the issue, and haven’t heard about that particular issue so can’t say for sure.  I’d imagine if you removed the kick panel you might see some screws or something.  Maybe try cleaning the connector with some sandpaper and try stuffing it back in, see if something awakens, IDK

Edited by OhareFred

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Thanks Locosiete, I finally was able to get it out.  The actual problem was some idiot prior had jammed some plastic pins into some of the holes and glued it all together.  I had to use a screwdriver to break it all loose.

So I did discover corrosion on the red/green pin and it was completely gone and there was no way I was going to be able to replace the pin.  So I removed the pin and created a jumper by between the wires by threading it through a small hole in the plastic boot.  So I with everything hooked back up, I tried again and....still no go.  However there seems to be a new problem that probably is a co-problem.  The voltage I get is only 0.55 volts which is not 12 volts.  So I need to know where that red/green wire goes.  I am very tempted in just wiring it directly to 12 volts with a fuse, but that would be the easy way out.

So I need to find a wire diagram that shows me everything.  I am hoping that the fuse relay box is not the problem.  Fortunately the company that rebuilds this is literally in town.  But they are not cheap and I know everything goes through these boxes.

• 1 month later...