Heater hose failure

Statesman

I had a heater hose T junction fail and spray coolant all over. I have replaced the T junction. I had a check engine light with a P0117 code. The coolant temp would go to overheat and then approx 30 seconds later it would read >100. I checked and replaced the Coolant temperature sensor and that cleared up. However driving it again the next day the coolant temp happened again and now the oil temp is reading around 300. And there is no heat going to the passenger compartment at all. Any suggestions on other causes/remedies?

Edited by Statesman

as the above post ,were both heater hose hot after running the heater that long if only one was hot id say you have a blocked heater core as it isnt letting the hot water to pas thur the heater core,you might want to do a reverse heater core flush since your journey is a 2013

If you had heat before the leak but not now it is hoped it is just an air bubble. It is a common problem on any car. You need to note if both heater lines are hot to know if you have flow. Then we can try to determine if it is air or something more serious. If it is air, you may be able to force it out by squeezing the inlet line and pushing the bubble thru. Remove the radiator cap and watch for bubbles and a declining level.

Update- I tried to check and see if it is air in the line, found that it bubbles a bit and lost a little bit of volume. I did that till there were no more bubbles. Still no heat in the passenger compartment. Both lines were warm but not so hot I couldn’t touch it.

I did a very quick test drive since temps were normal. Coolant temp went to “overheating” around 280; stayed there for about 15-20 seconds then immediately dropped down to >100 and the lighting bolt dash board light and a check engine light. Got it home and it popped up the OBD code P0117. I was able to touch the beauty cover with my hand and I was able to keep my hand there with no problem.

Could the wiring harness be shorted for this sensor and would this cause the lack of heat in the cab? The heat worked on the morning when the heater hose blew.

i will try the heater core flush tomorrow and see if anything there is off.

Edited by Statesman
Typos

Update 2- went this morning to do the heater core flush, popped hood and coolant reservoir was empty, popped open radiator cap and no visible coolant. No signs of coolant leaks anywhere in vehicle or under vehicle. I added approx 3/4 gallon of coolant and I now have heat in passenger compartment, still have check engine light for the coolant temperature sensor, but so far all fluid temps seem to be normal. Hope that might be the fix.