Rear View Camera Problem

• 3 months later...

mine is still working 8 times out of 10 times. but when it messes up the screen goes black and the words check entire surroundings is gone as well, i seen ton the charger you tube they been experiencing what i have it has been fixed by replacing the actual camera lens, but also they dont mention if it is intermittent or always going black, since yours is showing what looks like interference static i would assume you have a bare wire shorting out i would check the rubber boot cover over the wires at the top left  rear of your hatchback........................

i did check my wiring at the rubber boot and didnt find anything or any broken wires and since my rear camera was added at the dealership the 2 wires plus the big white  cable wasn't buried in the wire loom or taped up into the other wires....good luck 

Edited by 2late4u

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well i had to have my daughters jeep worked on at the dealership so after i picked her jeep up i left my journey to have the back up camera worked on ,it finally took the big dump about a month ago,it had been working intermittently for the last year, ended up being the camera in the hatch, they wanted $ 624 when they told me that was the problem and i said ah hell no i told you all i had the Mopar max warranty with a $100 ded, and the girl behind the desk says oh let me check and then said yep your right, i just shook my head as they had already entered my Vin # into their computer and i only have any work done on it there, makes you wonder WTH they are doing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, also with any repair at the dealership comes with a 2 year and unlimited miles on the parts and labor as well

actual i just checked the part they replaced and it was $399. and final price with discount around 239 plus labor,,,it is just the camera with the wire connectors on it....I  use to really brag on this dealership but they have all new people there now and seams to have gone down hill with the service employees....such a shame