2013 R/T Navigation stuck on Loading please wait...

Hi, have a 2013 R/U Uconnect 8.4 with Navigation. Downgraded to CPT13, which seemed to go OK. It showed the hour-glass and then the progress bar all the way to completion. . However, once completed i got the Error Reflashing Errorcode : 0x  31A0. When I start the Nav app it just sits at the loading please wait.... screen. I've tried to upgrade, reflash same version but all attempts fail with the same error. The progress bar does not move at all. I've tried using the original USB i used to downgrade and 7 other different brands/sizes (all formatted to Fat32) - but still same issue. Even tried an SDCard and DVD but they weren't recognized. I may be wrong but believe 31A0 means it doesn't like the USB stick

Going into Dealer mode and checking the Navigation info all fields are all blank.

Any ideas how I recover this

• 11 months later...

Yes, pull the radio fuse from under the glove box, count 5 elephants and put it back in. Then hold your breath and don't touch anything for 5-10 mins. Failing that re-try with a different USB stick. See https://www.chargerforums.com/threads/how-to-map-update-on-uconnect-ctp13-2013-2014.236649/, mike 2610 and I went through 30+ USB sticks of varying size and brands. Interestingly what worked for him did not work for me, even though I purchased a brand new identical stick to the one that worked for him

Persistence is the key!

Best of luck and update your progress

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice, wish I had friends like that ;)!! I was able to eventually get the Nav upgraded myself - details are in the forum. Mainly helped by pulling the radio fuse and starting again, then finding a USB the unit liked :hyper:

• 9 months later...

Anyone have any other ideas for fixing this issue i tried the fuse, disconnecting battery etc and nothing works i have a 2016 DJ crossroad the Nav went out during update and never came back. Nav is "loading please wait" also  --  in compass 

i looked into purchasing the Nav board but it is $250 to cananda and i am not sure it would work.

I have also looked everywhere for a factory reset procedure.  Cant seem to find a solution that works 

I just did the recent upgrade to 2022.20 after downgrading from CTP17 to CTP13 without issue. However this time going back to CTP17 puts me in a loop just like you are describing. This is the first time this has happened and I have not been able to resolve it with CTP17.

If you are using CTP17 try going back to CTP13 and see if that works

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, kenmag said:

This happened while downgrading to ctp 13 it never came back from that.  I tried to go back to ctp 17 but i now get an error 31OA  each time from running system recovery

Pretty sure the vehicle has now decided it doesn't like either the USB or the contents.

Check there is NOTHING on the USB that shouldn't be there, based off the instructions here https://www.chargerforums.com/threads/how-to-map-update-on-uconnect-ctp13-2013-2014.236649/. If it looks OK try to reformat the USB to FAT32 and try the process again

Hmmm

So you go into Dealership Menu, select Garmin Recovery and then insert your USB. It detects it but the progress bar doesn't move and it subsequently gives an error on flashing. Basically like the photo's I posted in this thread?

31OA, in my situation, meant 1 of 2 things. It either didn't like the USB stick, god only knows why, or there were files/folders on the stick that shouldn't be there. These files/folders sometimes got created when trying to get into Dealership mode and I pressed the screenshot combination rather than dealership menu.

What happens if you put in your last map upgrade USB, does it recognize it and show any options?

Do you have CTP17 to try an upgrade?

Hmmm

So you go into Dealership Menu, select Garmin Recovery and then insert your USB. It detects it but the progress bar doesn't move and it subsequently gives an error on flashing. Basically like the photo's I posted in this thread?

31OA, in my situation, meant 1 of 2 things. It either didn't like the USB stick, god only knows why, or there were files/folders on the stick that shouldn't be there. These files/folders sometimes got created when trying to get into Dealership mode and I pressed the screenshot combination rather than dealership menu.

What happens if you put in your last map upgrade USB, does it recognize it and show any options?

Do you have CTP17 to try an upgrade?

On my system I can upgrade to CTP17 but the Nav unit loops with 'Loading navigation please wait'- I am able then to downgrade to CTP13

Running out of thoughts I'm afraid.

I've only seen  'No files found' from the normal, non dealership, screen when the system did not recognize the USB as being a Nav update USB, but rather thought it was a USB that contained music files. It didn't see any hence 'no files found'. If your USB's are saying that then they are not looking like updates to the vehicle. They have to be FAT32, I believe, and can only contain a folder called 'Garmin' in the root,. This then contains EITHER the firmware, CTP13/CTP17 or  the map update - it can't contain both

Did you try CTP17 from the dealer menu 'Garmin Recovery' or from the normal screen? If normal try it in 'Garmin Recovery'

You have pulled the radio fuse too?

There is a thread somewhere here, think I also commented on it, from Tanbam about only having gmapprom.img in the Garmin folder. But if your system won't read the USB's that won't help either. Do you have any other USB's you can try? I worked with Mike2610 awhile back and we went through over 20 or 30 different USB's between us before we found ones that worked

Thanks for the help i really think i need the new garmin board. I was really hoping someone might know a solution for factory reset. tried the fuse, removing battery etc and the radio does reset but not to factory, all presets Sirius and settings stay.  I remove battery cables and clamped them together for 3 hours

i have tried several usb and i did try the gmapprom alone. Right now i am using a portable garmin. everything else in the radio works great. 

Sorry I wasn't more help, I know how frustrating these upgrades can be. :(

I haven't found any reference for Factory Reset for these units anywhere. They do exist for others but not it seems for ours.

All the best and let us know how it works out :thumbsup: